Long Time Listener...first Time Caller

rivdogg

Expert
Hey guys, have read this forum for a while and it has given me a lot of great insight. Much thanks!

I've been in the business with a captive life company for the last 9 years. Worked my way up from agent to district sales manager. Money was good, but I found that I hated being in management and was always a much better producer than manager (at least I could admit it compared to most). Decided to hook up with some people I've know for a while and work independently as a producer for their agency. They have a very succesful agency but it is built 95 percent on the voluntary benefits/group side. I plan on doing a lot of business in that market, but I also plan on doing a lot of individual business because it's easy for me and I have a really good natural market. I know how to prospect, close, have money saved to make the switch etc. My problem is this.....I can't seem to get appointed anywhere that will 1. annualize commisions and 2. get me higher than street level rates. The annualization is the big thing to me, I realize why they wouldnt give it to someone without a track record (My time served is basically null and void because I have no book) but is there anyone that can help me or give me advice? I have probably 30 households I could write today without really trying....I'm 32 so my market is around my same age and the avg household premium will probably be 80-100 bucks a month. My concern is that without annualization, it's going to be almost impossible for me to make money quick. Thanks in advance!!

What product are you wanting to focus on in the individual market? Life insurance? If so, there are several carriers who will annualize commissions. Maybe you just aren't talking to the right folks.

Hey guys, have read this forum for a while and it has given me a lot of great insight. Much thanks!

I've been in the business with a captive life company for the last 9 years. Worked my way up from agent to district sales manager. Money was good, but I found that I hated being in management and was always a much better producer than manager (at least I could admit it compared to most). Decided to hook up with some people I've know for a while and work independently as a producer for their agency. They have a very succesful agency but it is built 95 percent on the voluntary benefits/group side. I plan on doing a lot of business in that market, but I also plan on doing a lot of individual business because it's easy for me and I have a really good natural market. I know how to prospect, close, have money saved to make the switch etc. My problem is this.....I can't seem to get appointed anywhere that will 1. annualize commisions and 2. get me higher than street level rates. The annualization is the big thing to me, I realize why they wouldnt give it to someone without a track record (My time served is basically null and void because I have no book) but is there anyone that can help me or give me advice? I have probably 30 households I could write today without really trying....I'm 32 so my market is around my same age and the avg household premium will probably be 80-100 bucks a month. My concern is that without annualization, it's going to be almost impossible for me to make money quick. Thanks in advance!!

In Columbus OH....And yes I will be focusing on life. I'll do some critical illness and health, but life is what I will mostly do.

A company in your back yard offers advanced commissions, Ohio National Life. They have very competitive term rates. American General and Genworth also offer advances. Midland National Life does as well. I know there are others, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks for those companies. I'm guessing I can't just contract through those companies directly? I would have to find an MGA in my area correct? The GA I work with isn't licensed with those companies, but he doesn't care who else I get licensed with as long as I sell the group products through him.

Shoot me a PM. We can give higher than typical street level if you can provide consistant business flow --and I can direct you to annualizing carriers. Also, free web quoting, data processing, electronic signatures etc.

Thanks for those companies. I'm guessing I can't just contract through those companies directly? I would have to find an MGA in my area correct? The GA I work with isn't licensed with those companies, but he doesn't care who else I get licensed with as long as I sell the group products through him.

I can help you out with some solid life contracts above street level. Shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Joshua

I can't send PM's until I post 20 times.....for those of you who have asked. Send me one with your info. Always a little leery because of reading this forum for a while....I've seen the spam and advertising sharks:D

I can't send PM's until I post 20 times.....for those of you who have asked. Send me one with your info. Always a little leery because of reading this forum for a while....I've seen the spam and advertising sharks:D

I sent you a PM with my phone number. I've been on this forum since 2006 and in the insurance business since 2002, so I promise I'm not a spam shark... ;)

Thanks,

Joshua

Back