Looking for a Dental Vision Hearing type plan in Minnesota

Calm down Jimmy. Puff Puff...here you go,,,Pass. Feel better now? I do. :spinny: :jiggy::v_SPIN:[/QUOTE]
Oh Boy, this is gonna be fun. After you get him calmed down, I can start talking about PDP savings again! :D

Dental Insurance is not insurance, There is no Santa Claus and you can't save 1K per year between two PDP's with the same carrier. :confused:

Dental plans are more like discount plans, if you know your going to spend the money anyway, why not.
I think what crapped is trying to get at is that it's not a good return on a premium dollar.

I can spend 30 bucks on a cancer plan and it will pay me 20k, 30 on a dental and I could collect a thousand.

The analogy I sometimes use is we insure our homes in case it burns down not to have it painted.

Dental plans are more like discount plans, if you know your going to spend the money anyway, why not.
I think what crapped is trying to get at is that it's not a good return on a premium dollar.

I can spend 30 bucks on a cancer plan and it will pay me 20k, 30 on a dental and I could collect a thousand.

The analogy I sometimes use is we insure our homes in case it burns down not to have it painted.

Re cancer plans: I hope you mean "may pay", not "will pay". :D

Re:" not a good return on a premium dollar".
Don't prequalify your prospects. If a person wants to purchase a dental insurance plan in order to cover costs of semi annual dental maintenance plus insure against risks of financial costs from things like cavities and crowns, Then coverage of the risks may mean there is a "good return" on the premium dollar for them.

That is the reason sshafran took all the agent time that he took to study out dental plans from the consumer perspective. When someone comes to him saying they want to insure the financial risks involved with dental services he can show them the Ameritas plan. If they say it is too expensive, he can say that I have looked and these are typical costs for this type of insurance; leaving them to make their own decision about return on premium dollar.

As far as discount plans are concerned, one comment that I think could be made to a client is that with a discount plan you get one benefit. You pay a premium to get a discounted price on dental services. But you still have to pay the entirety of the discounted price.

With the dental insurance plan, you get three benefits. For dental services that are covered by the plan, the full charges are discounted. Then the insurance company pays some of the discounted amount, the precise percentage controlled by the insurance contract. And the plan is covering you against the risk of needing services like cavities or crowns (up to the annual policy limit). It's rather like term life insurance. Term life insurance won't pay your beneficiary unless you die. Dental insurance won't pay your dentist to fill a cavity unless you have a cavity.

True, but hopefully you'll use the dental insurance more than the cancer insurance.

Apparently you need to burn down your house, knock out some teeth to get dentures, wreck your car (probably two cars or maybe even 3), and ask a surgeon if you can get one of those fancy open heart surgeries.

Then, it’ll have been worth it all.

(Taking this philosophy... I hope you don’t have Life Insurance...)
Back when I ran a debit, I went by a house to colelct and teh man told me he was going to cancel his insurance. When I asked why he told me, "I ahve had it over a year and haven't used it"... I siad, "But, sir this si a life insurance policy" Tp which he replied, "Don't care, I ain't paying on anything I don't use".. He was dead serious and did drop the insurance. :twitchy:

Last edited:
Calm down Jimmy. Puff Puff...here you go,,,Pass. Feel better now? I do. :spinny: :jiggy::v_SPIN:
Oh Boy, this is gonna be fun. After you get him calmed down, I can start talking about PDP savings again! :D

Dental Insurance is not insurance, There is no Santa Claus and you can't save 1K per year between two PDP's with the same carrier. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Oh good, you got your old avatar back!!!:yes:

Re cancer plans: I hope you mean "may pay", not "will pay".

I like sell the first occurrence not scheduled plans.

I think that UCT probably has the 2nd best plan in my opinion. Are they in Minnesota? Also UNL/GTL have a good Dental/Vision plan(no Hearing), but it's a rider, not stand alone. They're both the same, except UNL's has a larger Annual Maximum.
No UCT or GTL for Minnesota any other ideas?
Thanks

Back