Looking for a Dental Vision Hearing type plan in Minnesota

So it really isn't 60% of everything.

Unless this carrier has figured out a way to do something no other carrier has, or you just happen to use inexpensive dentists, the "percent of everything" plans won't make it.

I sold Hoosier Dental plans years ago, both group and individual. They had percent plans as well but it was a percent of their own fee schedule.

Their premiums were higher than similar plans but so were their fee shedules.

Competing plans had lower premiums but typically left policyholders with a lot of OOP and complaints about things that were not covered.

There really is no majic to the insurance business. When a carrier pays out more than it takes in the carrier or the plan goes away.

Not being argumentative, but 2 claims is not a statistical sample.
When Manhattan raised their rates a few months ago, they went to paying on usual and customary charges, but Chaz and I are still on Actual Charges. Any new policies issued are usual and customary charges. Hated to see them make that change, but it's still the best plan. I think almost everybody else pays on usual and customary charges. UNL pays on Actual charges.

Fluoride treatments aren't covered until you've had the policy a year. Chaz should've waited a little longer and they would've covered it and everything else he had done at 70%, instead of 60% of the Actual Charges.

So it really isn't 60% of everything.

Unless this carrier has figured out a way to do something no other carrier has, or you just happen to use inexpensive dentists, the "percent of everything" plans won't make it.

I sold Hoosier Dental plans years ago, both group and individual. They had percent plans as well but it was a percent of their own fee schedule.

Their premiums were higher than similar plans but so were their fee shedules.

Competing plans had lower premiums but typically left policyholders with a lot of OOP and complaints about things that were not covered.

There really is no majic to the insurance business. When a carrier pays out more than it takes in the carrier or the plan goes away.

Not being argumentative, but 2 claims is not a statistical sample.

Like I was saying before, I don’t really sell this plan. I have tons of people ask me to quote them a dental plan. I tell them just to pay cash and they’ll be better off. If they insist I let them know the only company I’ll offer is Manhattan because they can go to any dentist (reimbursement).

What I was arguing against is JimmyCorn saying that my plan can never pay out more than it receives. It’s just not true. Hopefully I do pay out more, than means my teeth stay healthy. I’ll be ok with that.

My dentist is not cheap. He barely takes any dental plans. Only a few PPO’s.

It’s obvious that ML realized that they can’t pay on actual charges because the new rule is on customary but I guess me and my one client that I put on the plan is locked into the old rules.

Like I was saying before, I don’t really sell this plan. I have tons of people ask me to quote them a dental plan. I tell them just to pay cash and they’ll be better off. If they insist I let them know the only company I’ll offer is Manhattan because they can go to any dentist (reimbursement).

What I was arguing against is JimmyCorn saying that my plan can never pay out more than it receives. It’s just not true. Hopefully I do pay out more, than means my teeth stay healthy. I’ll be ok with that.

My dentist is not cheap. He barely takes any dental plans. Only a few PPO’s.

It’s obvious that ML realized that they can’t pay on actual charges because the new rule is on customary but I guess me and my one client that I put on the plan is locked into the old rules.
Lots of dentists will take the card and file for you. Mine does and I'll have to pay the deducible and 30%. You can also do a pre-determination to see what will be covered/what you will owe, which I recommend on the new policies issued.

Lots of dentists will take the card and file for you. Mine does and I'll have to pay the deducible and 30%. You can also do a pre-determination to see what will be covered/what you will owe, which I recommend on the new policies issued.

I didn’t check with my dentist but I know they do have a network. I didn’t want to use ML with him because I actually have a UHC dental plan for years now. I wasn’t sure which one to keep so I’ve had both. Filing a claim with ML gives me cash. I may just keep them both lol

I didn’t check with my dentist but I know they do have a network. I didn’t want to use ML with him because I actually have a UHC dental plan for years now. I wasn’t sure which one to keep so I’ve had both. Filing a claim with ML gives me cash. I may just keep them both lol
Might as well collect on bth if you're carrying both.

Who has a network?

Did UHC adjust the cost of your flouride treatment to some network cost before you had to pay the dentist for it?

Back