Med Supp quoting tool

Never ever rely on those figures. Years ago I looked at the FL rates through Florida ins site and they were way outdated. It’s useless

You're wrong. A non-agent who has never quoted insurance told you what is right. How can you disbelieve him.

He also taught me how to land my airplane by doing research online.

Rick

Never ever rely on those figures. Years ago I looked at the FL rates through Florida ins site and they were way outdated. It’s useless
I agree. I know the one in Illinois doesn't even list all the companies. They publish it once a year and lots of companies raise their rates after it's published. I used to send for the printed book to carry it with me. Since I got CSG I haven't given the state's figures a thought and CSG is accurate.

I love not having to carry paper rates with me anymore. Got to the point that I had to carry 2 cases with me. One for brochures and apps...the other for paper rates (no, I wasn't saying paper weights with a Chinese accent). :laugh:

Last edited:
He also taught me how to land my airplane by doing research online.

Rick
And I get another post! ;) The threat which you seem to think I pose to the insurance agents of america is quite entertaining.

Sorry, we never discussed that. If we had I would have told you I failed in Air Force ROTC because I couldn't master right side up from upside down in the pictures they showed us. I expect I was headed for a ground rating if I'd continued that.

(And in regard to your other comment, all I can tell you is that back when I was exploring plan options, I came into a CSG listing for 6 companies that gave rates for KS for my age and zip for a particular plan type-they matched the KS insurance commissioner website perfectly. In addition I got full age 60-100 rate tables from 3 specific companies I was particularly interested in and samplings from those tables also matched the website perfectly. I think the KS info may be better matched or tied to carrier rate filings than what apparently happens in some other states. You also may, or may not have noted, that op's info said he was in KS - which was the only reason i chimed in with the info - and that I did NOT tell op to use that data to quote customers. I think I have stumbled onto the MO rate table he mentioned, but had no idea about the correctness of their rates. It is nice to know that those are not accurate.)

Last edited:
And I get another post! ;) The threat which you seem to think I pose to the insurance agents of america is quite entertaining.

Sorry, we never discussed that. If we had I would have told you I failed in Air Force ROTC because I couldn't master right side up from upside down in the pictures they showed us. I expect I was headed for a ground rating if I'd continued that.

(And in regard to your other comment, all I can tell you is that back when I was exploring plan options, I came into a CSG listing for 6 companies that gave rates for KS for my age and zip for a particular plan type-they matched the KS insurance commissioner website perfectly. In addition I got full age 60-100 rate tables from 3 specific companies I was particularly interested in and samplings from those tables also matched the website perfectly. I think the KS info may be better matched or tied to carrier rate filings than what apparently happens in some other states. You also may, or may not have noted, that op's info said he was in KS - which was the only reason i chimed in with the info - and that I did NOT tell op to use that data to quote customers. I think I have stumbled onto the MO rate table he mentioned, but had no idea about the correctness of their rates. It is nice to know that those are not accurate.)

I thought he had you on ignore. :twitchy:

You must have looked at it at the exact right time to get all of the rates accurately. These DOI's update info about once per year. Usually, by the time they get around to publishing the rates they were given, at least a few of them have changed. This is why you NEVER 100% rely on the DOI's Med Supp quotes.

Last time I checked Medicare.gub they had 30+ Medigap carriers listed for Georgia. Two-thirds of them do not currently write Medigap business and AFAIK several of them never did write Medigap here.

But that's OK. SHIP counselors and uninformed shoppers rely on dot gub to get their rates.

You must have looked at it at the exact right time to get all of the rates accurately. These DOI's update info about once per year. Usually, by the time they get around to publishing the rates they were given, at least a few of them have changed. This is why you NEVER 100% rely on the DOI's Med Supp quotes.
I've said what I have to say about the KS INS commissioners website. Not saying any more.

I do want to make the following comment though. If I were to start selling insurance door to door next Monday, I would not live long enough to see as many front doors as goillini has already seen. (If he wanted to quit selling insurance, he could probably go to work for Pella, or somebody, designing front doors.)

Goillini was quite emphatic a year or so ago about an agent needing to have access to CSG to be an effective agent. I heard that, and were I to start selling MediGap, one of my first five questions to you or MidwestBroker or whoever, would be if you provided access to CSG, under what terms and what carriers were included. In regard to KS carriers, I would also be saying/asking something like, I plan to sell MediGap F and G plans (not vacuum cleaner bags) and I'm considering carriers like Aetna, Cigna, Medico and Blue Cross to start with (KS only). Are those wise choices and why or why not?

Why would anyone that doesn't sell insurance care which companies are wise choices. "Why of why not."

Why would anyone bother to spend the time answering this question? Regardless of the answer, it's not helpful to anyone but a licensed agent,.

Rick.

Back