Medicare Advantage Future

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]You’re giving Universal American way too much credit. It could be they don’t have a clue. If they had half a brain they would have sold their MedSupp business instead of closing their doors. :goofy: [/FONT]

They had a great thing going with Marquette. They would send their captive agents out prospecting outside of AEP and sign up all kinds of people and meet and talk to people. Then when AEP rolled around they told their agents to flip all of those Marquette clients to an MAPD plan.

They also used to constantly contact all of their PDP customers from their call centers trying to get them to flip to one of their MAPD plans. It got so bad that I just quit writing them. My med supp clients would call me and tell me they got calls from agents on a weekly basis.

The flip flop game is in full effect this AEP.

I am not marketing it, but thought I would find out info on what the seniors are going through. I just started asking the question a couple weeks ago, so far 4 out of 7 that I ask about medicare tell me they are switching again or have to get a different doctor. These are lower income folks on $0 prem Advantage plans.

I was referencing past LIMRA studies that indicate fewer college graduates are choosing to become professional insurance agents and that roughly 90% of those that do wash out before year three. Also that the average age of current agents is around 56 or so I can't recall the exact number.

Back