Medicare Agent Training - Ritter, Todd King, etc...

I use them daily.

My wish list for them includes:

Update the look (had the same wish when I used Compulife)

Add money to purchase - what will $100 buy.

My wish list for them includes:

Update the look (had the same wish when I used Compulife)

Add money purchase - what will $100 buy.

Also make it more Text and Email friendly. Be able to edit and modify the quote to fit into the body of an email or text being viewed on a mobile device. Example: a FU Term and SITerm option for the client to see and choose.

Also maybe to much but as long as we are wishing: inherent riders like ABR or CI. MArketing not just quoting.

Probably should start a different Post. In the Life ot Tech section.

Who do you guys recommend for training, contracting, and quote engine for a new agent just getting their feet wet in the business. Does one provide better service, training, support, tools, commissions, etc... than the other?

Have you called to speak with these people. The ideal FMO will be the one you can call, speak with, and create a good repoire with. Who cares what they offer if you can’t stand workin with them. Of the names you listed, there are some very different personalities.

Get on the phone and speak to each of these people. That will go a long way to answer your question. It’s actually the very first thing you should do. This forum is not a good place for answers to this type of question. There are a bunch of shills for certain vendors. You won’t get unbiased answers.

Lastly these discounts mentioned are available all over the internet. To make a decision on FMOs because you get a discount on a few third party products is foolish.

Have you called to speak with these people. The ideal FMO will be the one you can call, speak with, and create a good repoire with. Who cares what they offer if you can’t stand workin with them. Of the names you listed, there are some very different personalities.

Get on the phone and speak to each of these people. That will go a long way to answer your question. It’s actually the very first thing you should do. This forum is not a good place for answers to this type of question. There are a bunch of shills for certain vendors. You won’t get unbiased answers.

Lastly these discounts mentioned are available all over the internet. To make a decision on FMOs because you get a discount on a few third party products is foolish.

Yup, I already called chose and contracted

I've subscribed to MedicareTraining101 and MedicareAgentTraining. They are both very helpful in different ways. MT101 is more systematic in its approach, but they don't include EVERYTHING you're going to need on the website. They want to talk to you and make sure you have the right carriers, etc. In other words, the website is for self study but Todd King and his IMO also give out a lot of customized personal training via the phone and website. They have a very active chat feature on the website and they always answer their phone. Todd's IMO seems capable of training for f2f or telesales. They also work with Advantage (Chris does not), MAPD plans (by phone), FE and Annuities. I've found them to be a pleasure to work with. They also give honest, high level contracts.

Chris's site, MedicareAgentTraining is packed with information. It really has just about everything you need to sell Medicare Supplements over the phone. However, for any advice you find, you'll find older, obsolete advice as well that wasn't updated. For instance, if you accidentally read the older blog post about SalesDialers, you may miss the fact that they are no longer their recommended (and discounted) dialer, but xencall now is. The old news is not removed as it is replaced by current news.

If you're willing to scour over hundreds of pages and videos to piece together the big picture, Chris's site will work well for you. Only a certain type of person who is new to Medicare will be able to do this. A very strong self starter and self learner can do very well with what they find on Chris's site, but one who needs more personalized mentorship may find it frustrating. Chris is unreachable by phone, and I understand why with the number of new agents he brings on. He does respond very quickly to email questions but the snarky tone can be off putting.

Chris's site will work well if you have MedSupp experience and just need to learn to sell by phone. Don't expect much in the way of real mentorship, but from what I hear he may be more available AFTER you start writing business for him. I don't mean this as an insult. It's how he runs his agency.

For the vast majority of people, especially if you're new to Medicare, I think you'll get more out of Todd King, but it won't all be on the website.

I've subscribed to MedicareTraining101 and MedicareAgentTraining. They are both very helpful in different ways. MT101 is more systematic in its approach, but they don't include EVERYTHING you're going to need on the website. They want to talk to you and make sure you have the right carriers, etc. In other words, the website is for self study but Todd King and his IMO also give out a lot of customized personal training via the phone and website. They have a very active chat feature on the website and they always answer their phone. Todd's IMO seems capable of training for f2f or telesales. They also work with Advantage (Chris does not), MAPD plans (by phone), FE and Annuities. I've found them to be a pleasure to work with. They also give honest, high level contracts.

Chris's site, MedicareAgentTraining is packed with information. It really has just about everything you need to sell Medicare Supplements over the phone. However, for any advice you find, you'll find older, obsolete advice as well that wasn't updated. For instance, if you accidentally read the older blog post about SalesDialers, you may miss the fact that they are no longer their recommended (and discounted) dialer, but xencall now is. The old news is not removed as it is replaced by current news.

If you're willing to scour over hundreds of pages and videos to piece together the big picture, Chris's site will work well for you. Only a certain type of person who is new to Medicare will be able to do this. A very strong self starter and self learner can do very well with what they find on Chris's site, but one who needs more personalized mentorship may find it frustrating. Chris is unreachable by phone, and I understand why with the number of new agents he brings on. He does respond very quickly to email questions but the snarky tone can be off putting.

Chris's site will work well if you have MedSupp experience and just need to learn to sell by phone. Don't expect much in the way of real mentorship, but from what I hear he may be more available AFTER you start writing business for him. I don't mean this as an insult. It's how he runs his agency.

For the vast majority of people, especially if you're new to Medicare, I think you'll get more out of Todd King, but it won't all be on the website.
One other difference between the two...Todd's honest. :yes: The the other guy.....NOT. :no:

Thanks for the shout out on this! We are in the process of redoing the website. It will be laid out in order, so you won't need to hunt and peck to find what you need. It will actually be a course that lasts up to 5 weeks. It's a pretty big undertaking, but we have now started on it. I wish I knew just how long it will take to complete, but i just don't at the moment.

Back