Medicare Client Retention?

Is this all most people on here sell? I'm working on adding med supps to my p&c agency. I see people saying 100-200 client's. That wouldn't make much money would it?

Is this all most people on here sell? I'm working on adding med supps to my p&c agency. I see people saying 100-200 client's. That wouldn't make much money would it?

What people are saying 100 or 200 and in what context?

For instance 100 or 200 total or per AEP or per year?

What people are saying 100 or 200 and in what context?

For instance 100 or 200 total or per AEP or per year?

I'm an *** to this. That's what I don't understand.

----------

175 in renewal status. 135 in renewal status. Just trying to understand what that means....

I'm an *** to this. That's what I don't understand.

----------

175 in renewal status. 135 in renewal status. Just trying to understand what that means....

that's how many agent has monthly renewals from maybe from 1st year you get renewals minimum 6 years, After 10 years the clients add up

I figured an average agent would be at least 300-400 that's been around a while. I'm in Michigan and supps pay 3 years. Unless your rewriting a lot it seems like a fast turnover. I have plenty of customers 10+ years. I wouldn't want to stop getting paid on them ever!

I figured an average agent would be at least 300-400 that's been around a while. I'm in Michigan and supps pay 3 years. Unless your rewriting a lot it seems like a fast turnover. I have plenty of customers 10+ years. I wouldn't want to stop getting paid on them ever!

I do more than Medicare and have about 350 clients in renewals across all lines-I don't need a brick and mortar location or any employees so it works for me plus MAPD commissions are lifetime and Med Supps range from 6 years to lifetime in my state depending on the carrier.

Like FLM2, I sell major medical/STM/other health products and have quite a few clients on that side (well I sold major medical until the market collapsed). Quite a few more clients on that end than my Medicare book, actually. Working on that going up.

When I called MI I sold mostly AARP plan N.( UHC pays 6 years) I still have all of them on the books, I don't pull leads in MI, Because I have been moving away from AARP Supp buis over the last 2 or so years, I think I have 2 in MI on other supps beside AAARP but they are hard to beat there when compare the Plan N, Plus I have no motivation for a 3 year commission deal even if it pays a little more.

Besides that in other states I get some that I move to other carriers I am sure that will happen more as time goes on and it resets the clock.

My clients are contacted at a minimum twice per year (birthday card and AEP reminder in September). But I speak and/or email with many of them throughout the year.

This is the exact same for me.....I dont think 3 out of 175 ppl is a lot or enough to worry about. I feel Im doing things right for the most part, used to lose 15-20% within 18mos doing FE.

If I can keep 97-98% of my clients, Im satisfied with that. After several yrs, death will play a larger factor, so even keeping 95% yr over yr I believe is good.

My goal is 1000 clients....some of you vets who've been doing this a while (or anyone who has that many clients), how long did it take you to reach 1000?

Back