Medicare Cold Call Scenarios

Frank, my biggest problem is that I can't get along with me.

I have said many times that "I don't play well with others" but I have never said that I don't play well with myself. Maybe you need more practice. :twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Frank,
That is interesting to me as a new agent, that you do not tell the people that you are with that you sell insurance? What do you tell them then? Also, not because I am opposed to it, but I have not made a cold call? I am very new to all of this and basically get no training. (I know, I need to call you!) I see others make cold calls? I just am wondering do you do this on any street or do you have names from lists to know that they are seniors and then make those cold calls?
Thanks again, for answering the conversation with the people you are in front of as to not being an insurance agent? What is the term you use? Medicare Consultant, etc?

I may have not worded that the way I meant it to sound. I tell people I am an insurance agent and that I do sell insurance.

When I am training agents I tell them that I don't just "sell" insurance to make a point. I build confidence and trust, educate them about Medicare and Medicare Supplement insurance and deal with objections using factual information presented in a logical way so they understand it.

If an agent does it properly there really isn't any "selling" involved in it. I generate my own leads from lists I buy. I have not purchased a lead of any kind in at least the last six to eight years.

I don't have a "sales pitch" nor do I have a "script". What I do have is a smooth, relaxed, conversational way of presenting information to them.

I don't have any kind of "fancy" or deceptive title. The people I meet with know that I am there to sell them a policy. My "official title" is "Your Insurance Agent". It is what is on my business card and stationery.

Last edited:
whats the cost per lead? what age group you currently calling?

I do not purchase leads. If you refer to the post above, I said, "I generate my own leads from lists I buy. I have not purchased a lead of any kind in at least the last six to eight years.". Since I generate my own leads the cost is only pennies per lead I have generated.

I get my "leads" from cold calling from a list. I purchase a list of people between the ages of 67 to 78. I do not target people turning 65.

Do not under any circumstance cold call or door knock to discuss MA and/or PDP. Do not use med sups as your guise to get around those restrictions. Door knock or cold all you want to sell med sups or FE. When you enter MA and PDP's into the mix, you are violating MIPPA regulations and you will get caught. Maybe not at first, but, when someone has a problem with their MA plan or their PDP, they will come clean with how they got enrolled.
JDeasy,

You're all over these posts...I'm currently thinking about selling some med sups...what companies do you suggest?

JDeasy,

You're all over these posts...I'm currently thinking about selling some med sups...what companies do you suggest?

JDeasy wouldn't know unless you guys live in the same area. Put your state flag under your screen name in the options section. That way people can tell what Med supps and MAPD plans are available

Last edited:
I thought JDeasy sold only FE. Frank Stastny is the go to man for med Supps.

That quote of mine was almost two years ago. Back then I was heavily involved in MA plans. I only get leads for FE now. I do not sell MA plans at all.

I do cross sell med sups to my FE clients and to referrals.

I have several of my med sup contracts with Frank, so, you gave good advice there.:)

That quote of mine was almost two years ago. Back then I was heavily involved in MA plans. I only get leads for FE now. I do not sell MA plans at all.

I do cross sell med sups to my FE clients and to referrals.

I have several of my med sup contracts with Frank, so, you gave good advice there.:)

And I do greatly appreciate it.

Back