Monday morning brain fart, help here out here

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Came across a lady T65 this month (September). She got suckered into a Bankers Life/Colonial Penn Medsupp, put on a Humana PDP, and pressured into a LTC policy.

Her only income is her SS check, and the total premium is taking up 25% of it.

I want to switch her to an MAPD.

Am I right in thinking that because the PDP has already started I have to wait until AEP and have a start date of January 1, 2021 to save this lady?
Or can I still use an IEP/ICEP and change her now to have a start date of October 1?

We have to work under the assumption that the IEP was used up for the PDP enrollment so unless she has a special election then you'll have to wait for AEP.
ok, thank you. That is what I was leaning towards.
Poor lady has keep the bankers insurance for a few more months

Came across a lady T65 this month (September). She got suckered into a Bankers Life/Colonial Penn Medsupp, put on a Humana PDP, and pressured into a LTC policy.

Her only income is her SS check, and the total premium is taking up 25% of it.

I want to switch her to an MAPD.

Am I right in thinking that because the PDP has already started I have to wait until AEP and have a start date of January 1, 2021 to save this lady?
Or can I still use an IEP/ICEP and change her now to have a start date of October 1?

Try the SEP FEMA Disaster if they are in Fl.Recently did one for a MA only for client who only had A&B

Try the SEP FEMA Disaster if they are in Fl.Recently did one for a MA only for client who only had A&B

And what was the other election that your client had to have missed using due to the disaster? You know you can't automatically use the election just b/c of a hurricane, right?

Obviously, OP's client had use of her elections so she's not going to qualify for the disaster SEP.

Back