Mortgage Protection

Yea, thats kinda what I thought would happen but maybe I'm just good at "chit-chatting". I have been told this before.

Do not call list.......... Oh well.

Michael Haislip said:
I'm starting to get the idea that the real money is in selling ridiculously overpriced mortgage leads to my sub-agents.

I think you are on to something here! Start a boilier room filled up with ten dollar an hour callers and then turn around and give the leads away for more than half of the commission and overrides of other agents!

realistagent said:
I have to admit, I just thought of taking this approach, and started doing the recording bit that includes features of the homes after pondering thinking outside the box after reading the 1st 4 chapters online of High Probability Selling.

I HIGHLY recommend that anyone take a look at Jacques stuff...he is a class act with a lot to say.

Steve said:
If anyone calls me that I don't know and starts out by being chit-chatty, my radar goes up. You either want to rip me off or want to be my friend under false pretense. You're gone.

I must be different than those you are calling, but that's my reaction.

Also, this does not get you around the no-call list, and is a quick way to trouble if you're not using it...

Yea most people can smell a fake from a mile a way. When some sales man tries to act like he's my friend and compliments things about me or my home he's out!!

realistagent,

I tell them up front that I am calling about insurance. If they don’t hang up on me or make disparaging remarks about my heritage then I “get chatty”.

However, if that is working for you and “ain’t broke” then don’t waste your time trying to fix it. No one, not even the best of them, can tell you how to sell.

Through trial and error we have all come up with the “dog and pony show” that works best for us. Will the approach that I use work for everyone else? Definitely not. It probably won’t work for anyone else. But, it works well for me and that is all that is important.

If you stop being you and try to sell like someone else does you will probably be a miserable failure. Why, because you are not them.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go where there is no path and leave a trail."

I went on an appointment with a guy (many moons ago) that did the nice home, nice table cloth, blah blah blah...

I start with business, and then my "cool down" is strong, when I am talking about everything but insurance.

On the phone, set the appointment. That is what I learned from Mega, and the only good thing to come out of that.

How do you set the appointment? Well, I just tell them that I have clients in that part of town that are happy with the coverage. I have an appointment in X town Friday, want me to stop by and drop off some info? That normally works.

MP is hard work. Its been awhile since I posted here. It takes alot of patience to make this thing work. I have learned to have other things going to make sure you have a cash flow. If you put all your eggs in this one basket you will be doing the same thing over and over again year after year.

Driving into new subdivisions, checking them out. recording addresses and some special features of homes. (verbally into recorder) getting ph #'s from polk directory.

When I call, I do not start out by mentioning Insurance.

I compliment them on some special feature of their Home (which I record along with address) Get Info such as How long they have been there. Who did their Landscaping, or brick work, what kind of dog was that..whatever. Just general conversation. I even might mention that I've considered moving into their neighborhood. Just getting them to talk. then, Oh by the way......................you know the rest.

I have to admit, I just thought of taking this approach, and started doing the recording bit that includes features of the homes after pondering thinking outside the box after reading the 1st 4 chapters online of High Probability Selling.

I'm thinking of writing a script for this approach but I think it will need to be more of a general outline because general conversation is the primary goal.

The calls are more fun and I get to know a little about everyone I talk to.

Who doesn't like complimented on and talking about their new home.

It looks like this is going to work well

Just set up 2 appts. this morning from 17 calls. same neighborhood. 10 min. from my house.

I ordered the book....

Has anyone else tried this approach?

I just bought his book and started to read it yesterday. I am almost done with his book and I think it is one of the best sales books I have read. I am looking into buying his cd set for insurance producers. What I like about his approach, that seems similar to other agent views on this forum, is the no-nonsense-cut-the-crap, let's be open and honest with each and see if we can do business approach to sales.

I come from a sales background where I was taught to get 7 no's before the one yes. Memorize the 5-10 closes and about 5 or 6 different techniques of the traditional sales presentation and you will do great. My ass you will if it does not fit your personal taste.

My record to date is the 3 1/2 hours I took to close a deal with some clients for some new gutters. I was determined to win and not leave till I got the deal. At the time I was quite proud of the fact that I won, especially considering the 1 1/2 hours it took to just drive there. I am sure some of you are nodding your head in agreement of what a pain in the butt it is to have to drive all over the state to go on appts. that you have no control over.

Looking back at things now, I can laugh at the situation and I feel thankful that I do not have to use the hard-sales approach anymore. It may work for some people, but it does not fit my personality.

Would you like single or double-ply toilet paper?

Back