Mortgagee Change Requests from India

Hawaii Agent

Expert
Why have the lenders switched to having these requests called in from India? I'm certain these reps get paid per call they make because the messages are speed read with thick accents. My back office won't process these if they can't understand it in one listen, so 90% of the time these requests get unfilled.

Why can't they pay these services to send emails or faxes? Everything is in writing and easier to forward. Am I missing something?

Why have the lenders switched to having these requests called in from India?
To save money

office won't process these if they can't understand it
I wont either

90% of the time these requests get unfilled.
Yes Sir. All requests should be in writing.

can't they pay these services to send emails or faxes?
Yes

To help alleviate this problem, my voicemail states that alll mortgage requests should be faxed in, and most of these folks FAIL to listen to the message.

banks....love faxes.....I do not know why

Banks and medical companies love fax machines because while websites and emails get hacked, it's virtually unheard of for a fax machine to get hacked, so they are more secure.

In theory, at least.

Today, most people send and receive faxes through email, so it more or less negates the theoretical additional layer of security. However, they usually come through as an image, so it is harder to scrub the info in a mass hack.

So, one could say that fax's are more secure, but it would be a pretty flimsy argument.

Banks and medical companies love fax machines because while websites and emails get hacked, it's virtually unheard of for a fax machine to get hacked, so they are more secure.

In theory, at least.

Today, most people send and receive faxes through email, so it more or less negates the theoretical additional layer of security. However, they usually come through as an image, so it is harder to scrub the info in a mass hack.

So, one could say that fax's are more secure, but it would be a pretty flimsy argument.

Sounds like the way of the future..

fax's are more secure,
And nothing concerns me more than security when changing an Insurance Policy to properly reflect Loan Information.

I still have mortgage cos that do NOT want to email me the information.

note to mortgage companies - the way to make this work, correctly is to allow us to COPY AND PASTE your mortgage information into the Insurer's system. You really cannot copy and paste from a fax machine or especially a VOICEMAIL!

Back