Moving Out of State with MedSupp

charleszubrod

Expert
If an individual is moving to new state, how is the Medicare Supplement priced? Cost per new state (Texas) or the cost where purchased (Washington)?
In advance, thank you.

When the client switches their address, I would pretty much bet they will be paying the price indicated for their new area.

When the client switches their address, I would pretty much bet they will be paying the price indicated for their new area.

Had two clients move to new states recently. One had Aetna/CLI. Company confirmed no rate adjustment to new area. The other has MoO. Company confirmed rate adjusted to new area. So at least with those two carriers you'd break even on that bet.

Did have Aetna/CLI clients move in the past where premiums were lower in new area. They had to have new apps taken, UW, to get lower rate in new area.

I'll take that bet. I verified this with ACI and Oxford when I had people moving to Florida. When they saw the Florida rates of other companies they were relieved.

Had two clients move to new states recently. One had Aetna/CLI. Company confirmed no rate adjustment to new area. The other has MoO. Company confirmed rate adjusted to new area. So at least with those two carriers you'd break even on that bet.

Did have Aetna/CLI clients move in the past where premiums were lower in new area. They had to have new apps taken, UW, to get lower rate in new area.

I'll take that bet. I verified this with ACI and Oxford when I had people moving to Florida. When they saw the Florida rates of other companies they were relieved.

Well, I'm certainly not going to dispute you guys on that. It's been a few years for me that I've had to deal with that. I personally never used a company that didn't make the client switch to the new rates for their area. Things do change though, so I'll take your word for it.

Well, I'm certainly not going to dispute you guys on that. It's been a few years for me that I've had to deal with that. I personally never used a company that didn't make the client switch to the new rates for their area. Things do change though, so I'll take your word for it.

I just had another one move to S. Carolina. ACI's not in either state for Med Supps.

Back