My Experiences and Caution for New Agents

VAdwayne how much experience do you have?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 year, and I can tell you that sending out mailers and expecting miracles won't work. Whatever it is that an agent is going to market with the mailers, he/she should study up on that product before contacting the customer. Why not have the best shot at recouping your money?

I was inexperienced when I tried it and I should have waited a couple of months.

Question: I have been working w/several ALLSTATE companies as a part-time customer service rep / marketing rep. I am an experienced telemarketer.

Third company I added to my stable: new start up company, never sold insurance. First day, gave me 35 phones to call as a cross-sell on rental insurance. Told me he needed 10 to 15 sales. Made the calls following a standard script. NO ONE I called had any idea why I was calling.

About 1pm, he (owner) showed me his initial email. Never MENTIONED renter's insurance. Asked how they would like to save $200 to $350 on their auto insurance. I rewrote it: Have you thought how important rental insurance could be? What if I could show you how to save money on your auto insurance that would pay for your rental insurance and still save you money? I will call to follow up, but in the meantime, if you would like to call me, pls call xxx=xxxx.

Got let go, 3rd day. In the meantime he had received four phone calls in response to my email.

He promised commission on follow up for calls. Never got a penny.

Question: Was my email better than his?

Back