My Recruiting Ad On Craiglist

Re: My Recruiting Ad

Get lists from the DOI and sort by appointment date. You do not want to target agents newer than 6 months. They're still chugging the Kool Aid from their sponsoring agency.

Get lists from the DOI and sort by appointment date. You do not want to target agents newer than 6 months. They're still chugging the Kool Aid from their sponsoring agency.

Yeah, I've been trying to find states that list phone numbers so I can load them in a dialer and go to town. Most states seem to list address only from what I've seen.

Here's an idea. Just do a google search for quotes on the products you are selling. Type in your info. As the agents call to sell you, you just recruit them.

Here's an idea. Just do a google search for quotes on the products you are selling. Type in your info. As the agents call to sell you, you just recruit them.

To throw this out there, I HATE when people do this **** to me. I will see quotes or leave ads out places and I'm offered the chance to get a website, or to incorporate my business, or sell pre-paid legal, or etc. and etc.

Just be careful when you do that.

Newby,

That would be a great way to reach agents but it definitely won't go over well.

YouGotMyMoney,

No offense taken. Any suggestions on improving it?

You need basic marketing. You should be more focused on what's in it for them and have a good USP. "I am a local General Agent" "I am looking for" etc. isn't going to build any excitement. IMO you should never have "I" in the ad. Even if you are gonna go first person it should be "We" as in "We offer top commissions"

YGMM's sample is something along those lines. You get kinda excited reading the ad.

Just brainstorming, but the reason you see so many cheesy ads with blue sky is because they work:

"Excellent Opportunity in Insurance Sales!"

Top Pay for Top performers. Experienced agents can double their income.

We offer the best products in the business and give excellent training and support.

or:

Are you making someone else rich by giving up most of your commissions?

I'd say paint some blue sky and then work in your qualifiers at the end.

Ideal candidates will have at least 12 months experience in life insurance sales.
E&O insurance required.
etc.

The biggest thing you want to do is decide what your target market is going to be, then ask yourself what THEY are looking for and write the ad to that. You should always be asking yourself "whats in it for them?"

You'll get some wackos from Craigslist, I actually had someone send me a resume that listed her last job as a sex textist. What the hell is that anyway? Some were pretty comical actually. I've got a file where I save a few of them because they were so funny. There are some good people in there too, though. Your copy will drastically alter who you attract.
I re-wrote basically the same ad for a telemarketer but changed the pay a little and the quality of my responses went up drastically.

You aren't really shooting for the normal "job finders", though, which is what you'll find on CL looking under employment I would think. I dont know the answer to this, but what insurance people would be on CL looking under employment? Captives and newbies I would think, right? Write to them. What are they looking for?

If I were advertising there, I'd try to structure the ad to sound more like a job to get the newbies or write the copy about being self employed and flexible schedule and unlimited income potential and such to get the captives.

I just dont see too many experienced agents that are already established and independent going to CL to find an FMO. Its possible, but the people likely to see the ad are job hunters.

My $.02.

Hello JR , I have to tell you this there is agents out there with charge backs 20k or 30k , your MGA contract may have you next in line to be held responsible for that debt, dont know how you can fix this but for an agent to pay back even $2000 is like a true task. then you end up losing that agent as well . you cant have agents on advance. what are you hoping to get is the overrwrite but one bad account will wipe out the production of 5-20 agents .unless the MGA contract states you are not accountable , then this method will not hold water. simply this dog will not hunt. my best regard.....Alex (still paying on this to this day)I can be wrong , let me know what you find out. take care

Here's an ad I use:

FINAL EXPENSE INSURANCE TELE-SALES...NO DRIVING! (Raleigh, NC)

Date: 2012-01-23, 7:26AM EST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

LOOKING FOR SHARP LICENSED AGENTS TO SELL FINAL EXPENSE LIFE INSURANCE FROM OUR CALL CENTER IN RALEIGH. WORK 50-100 LEADS PER WEEK. FULL-TIME ONLY.

OUR COMPANY GENERATES THE ABSOLUTE BEST FINAL EXPENSE LEADS ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY!!! ...........

1) YELLOW PAGE LEADS......THE PROSPECT WENT TO THE INSURANCE SECTION OF THE YELLOW PAGES IN THEIR PHONE BOOK LOOKING TO BUY INSURANCE, SAW THE COMPANY'S AD AND DIALED THE TOLL FREE NUMBER IN THE AD, THE OPERATOR GETS THE PROSPECT'S NAME, BIRTH DATE, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, ETC. HOW'S THAT FOR A HOT QUALIFIED LEAD?

2) TV LEADS....THE PROSPECT SAW THE TV COMMERCIAL ABOUT THE HIGH COSTS OF FUNERALS AND TO CALL THE NUMBER ON THEIR SCREEN IF THEY NEED A LIFE INSURANCE POLICY. THE PROSPECT DIALED THE TOLL FREE PHONE NUMBER ON THEIR TV SCREEN, AND THE OPERATOR GETS THIS PROSPECT'S NAME, BIRTH DATE, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, ETC. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST FINAL EXPENSE INSURANCE LEAD ANYWHERE!

IF YOU ARE TIRED OF WORKING OLD SOMEWHAT INEFFECTIVE DIRECT MAIL LEADS THEN I CAN HELP YOU! IF YOU HAVE A BURNING DESIRE TO BE SUCCESSFUL THEN I CAN HELP YOU. I'VE BEEN SELLING FINAL EXPENSE INSURANCE ONLY SINCE 1999 AND I HAVE DONE VERY WELL WITH IT. COME TALK WITH ME, GET TRAINED, AND START MAKING THE $$$ YOU TRULY DESERVE.

FOR A CONFIDENTIAL INTERVIEW CALL GREG 252-292-3350. I LIVE IN RALEIGH, MANAGE THE CALL CENTER, AND AM BUILDING AN ARMY OF AGENTS ACROSS THE TRIANGLE AREA. COME BE A PART OF THIS SUCCESS! Please visit http://seniorlifeinsurancecompany.com.

MANAGEMENT/AGENCY BUILDING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE.

• Compensation: $600-$2000+ Per Week...Depends on YOU!
  • Telecommuting is ok.
  • OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Phone calls about this job are ok.
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Back