My Recruiting Ad On Craiglist

Well, the ad lacks the 'Whats in it for me' part.... Yes, you say the same stuff as everyone else, but nothing different.

The ad is basically looking for someone who has been around the block at least once, so they have been made every promise that you make at least once and have had every promise broken at least once.

You don't really give me a sense of credibility that it isn't just more of the same..... In fact, the ad as I read it somewhat sounds like you don't want to invest in me, since I have to bring my own leads, my own E&O (or buy it), be a solid producer, etc. Okay, I'll admit I'm cynical when I read these things, but many others are as well.

If you want me (or anyone else) to respond, you have to tell me whats in it for me, more than just production requirements and expenses I'll have. You need to solve a problem for ME.

Dan

P.S. I do think you are trying to do the right thing for new people, just the ad comes across a bit cold, you need to warm it up a bit.

I can't imagine getting a job from craigslist. My son is a certified personal trainer. When he first became certified he decided to post an ad on craigslist. His first response was from a dude wanting a massage. All the creeps are on craigslist.

My sister runs a home-based booking business and gets all of her clients from Craigslist ads which so far includes a few local doctors and lawyers. She's been running it now for 3 years and lives and breathes off Craigslist.

I really appreciate all the responses. Definitely gives me a lot to think about. The ad needs more excitement and value/

Last edited:
Just tell them that with higher contracts they can have more money and that almost all agents surveyed want more money (99%). Do you want more money? :twitchy:

Re: My Recruiting Ad

Newby,

That would be a great way to reach agents but it definitely won't go over well.

YouGotMyMoney,

No offense taken. Any suggestions on improving it?

I was basically joking. I don't recruit agents.

But you have to admit it would screen out the agents that won't pick up the phone, it would make the point that the leads they are buying are sh!t, it would get agents (who are already working the area and market you want to cover) on the phone with you for FREE.

The negative part is it would piss off your competitors who aren't looking for a new agency. Hmmmmmmm?

Craigslist is a more effective advertising medium for finding job applicants than our local paper is. I have tried both and Craiglist is better.

I wrote an exciting ad with an easy marketing plan. I had a lot of response and contracting but no production but that's par for the course. A lot of marketing I've done has failed. My research says only 5 to 10 per cent of agents succeed.

I just don't see anything in your ad that would want me to call you. I already have what you are offering and you don't have what every agent needs and that's a proven marketing program to put them in front of prospects. You're not offering to invest anything for a piece of their work. What do they need you for?

i have had my P&C, Life and Health license for over a year now and was accepted by allstate to open an agency. but some people are telling me i should open my own agency and have more products from different companies to sell. can anyone give me some advise on this?

Back