NAA- Zero to 100Million in 4 years- WOW

John,

I'm glad you came back on to this. Yes, 1,300 produced only 4 leads so far. I don't think any more are coming in. The marketing method I think would have to be called "The Dumb Way to Marketing 101". I can't really afford to do this again unless there are some gurantees on how many leads I'll be getting at a minimum.

Yes, I'm still doing Mortgage Protection. I did get one appointment out of the 4 leads with 2 sales. It's not as bad as it seems but I will go broke fast If I keep doing it this way.

dvd493 said:
Tim,

I saw your other post about ministry. I could use all the prayers you care to give for success in this field. I just spent over 1,300 dollars on a lead generating company but only have a few leads to show for it so far. I may be one of those people who goes independant only to get wiped out. I imagine most people feel that way in the beginning.

I just said a prayer for ya. :D

And will be happy to say many more for you.

If you will, either here or send me an email lay out your marketing and I will help all I can.

Right now I'm hooked on cold call telemarketing. This was a perfect case of my mind being convinced that something would suck that didn't end up sucking. I did telemarketing for Dial America back in the day - HATED it! Got hung up on, cussed out, etc...The problem was calling people at home during dinner for phone and credit card services. That put a bad taste in my mouth.

I've been B to B for years but now come to find that the telemarketing is simply more effective. I'm have an unlimited amount of nationwide leads that I can customize for $9.95 per month.

Would it work for MP? Maybe not. I'm calling small business owners for health insurance. Great response.

I think you need to do an assessment. You need to ascertain how you can get closable MP leads for next to no money. Hard. It's cold calling or nothing.

Tim,

I signed on with another IMO and am using there contact to drop off mailers. They drop 3,000 of them for about 1,300. I think the problem may be that my area is so saturated with NAA mailers that there is no room for anything else.

I may have to go out further into other counties several hours away to make this happen. I have until Friday to see what comes in but, it doesn't look real promising yet.

P.S. Thanks for the prayers. I'll take all I can get.

Mailers pull at .05%. So 3,000 mailers would get should get you 15 leads. That's not a lot.

Possible you could pull it off at 90% contracts and an average yearly premium of $1,000. With a $1,300 lead cost you'd need 3 deals to make it worth your while. I think that's do-able from 15 leads....but you need the 15.

John,

At this point if I had 15 leads I'd be very happy. I'd do just fine on the sales end I'm sure. My problem so far is just getting the leads. If I don't by Friday, hopefully the company will do a free drop in another county for me so I don't go broke.

Well the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results. If you're not pulling .05% then either you need to be in another area or you need to tweak the mailer itself.

I did just tweak the mailer. They used to go out as cards, now there going out as letters. I can't make quick changes though because I'm using a company so I don't have a lot of control over it other than just some input.

John,

You said on a previous post that cold calling was the answer. This is something I really don't want to do. I've done it in the past and prefer to spend money on leads so I can at least speak with people who asked for me to call them.

I know that a lot of the big money makers in the industry do cold calling but in sales there is enough rejection without having to voluntarily pile it on through cold callling.

A couple of other factors besides the actual mail piece, and you hit on them.

How many times are they being mailed to and by whom?

I have NAA all over my town and the MP biz is a tough sell.

Drop me an email and I will email you a one page letter I use to sell Term

Back