NAA- Zero to 100Million in 4 years- WOW

I think everyone would agree that you can cover more territory on the phone than walking. The problem with the phone for a new person is that you are usually on it by yourself with no support in the way of freinds right next to you so you can share your stories and build each other back up once you get shot down.

It is much easier for someone to get shot down over the phone than it is face to face. If you walk into a business and the door is still halfway open, you have a big smile on your face and a freindly or joking demeaner. People find it difficult to shoot someone like that down. Unless they do it in a polite way.

You are correct about not hitting as many places in a rural area but the people are a whole lot nicer. As a new person in the city you'll get shot down fast, hard and on a regular basis. It makes most people give up pretty quick.

I found that going into industrial parks was pretty productive and there are a lot of business there right next to each other. There are a lot of industrial parks in rural areas. I want to emphasize "industrial parks" not business parks. Business parks do get hit on a lot and can be a little bit like going to the city.

Both methods work although after two weeks of cold calling I definitely prefer B to B. First of all, after 1 hour of calling I'm only getting ahold of 8 business owners. The rest of my hour is answering machines and people telling me the owner's either not in or busy.

In a bad hour of B to B where it's very spread out I can walk into 15 businesses. Even if the owner's not in I get to leave the flyer which gets passed around. I also get the put the flyer on bulliten boards - especically in grocery stores and I leave take one boxes in the stores that allow them - mainly sub shops and Chinese places. Buy them here: http://www.affordablepackagingproducts.com/brochure-holders.htm

I get burnt on the phone since it's boring yet can spend half the day going B to B since it's much more fun.

I understand that some of you live in very remote areas but once a week I'd take a drive to the closest city and literally make a day of B to B.

John,

Thats a great link to the leave behind displays. I always wondered where to get those things at. Only 2.00 for a display can make a few hundred or more in commissions. I like that :)

This is a great when you're in a foul mood and don't want to do any B to B or cold calling. Grab 20 display boxes and a stack of cards and hit shopping plazas looking for places to put them. It's not like your phone's gonna ring off the hook up you'll pick up an extra few deals a month. Plus, if it's between that and sitting in your house.....

John,

What you said can be used in so many other sales venues. It really is a great way to promote your business and get additional exposure for a low cost.

On those days when your feeling a little down, how many do you set out on average?

dvd493 said:
On a flyer, have some information in a bullet format that is easy to read and right to the point.
LOWEST COST LIFE INSURANCE IN CHICAGO
NO MEDICAL EXAMS UP TO 250,000
RATES GURANTEED NOT TO INCREASE

do you really send this out........some how"LOWEST COST LIFE INSURANCE IN CHICAGO" and "NO MEDICAL EXAMS UP TO 250,000" can not be on the same flyer with out it being a lie......

I agree with Sti. You have to be careful about that or you could end up in trouble with the State Dept. of insurance for deceptive advertising practices. The cheapest non-med plan is roughly twice the cost of a fully underwritten plan assuming preferred rates, and probably 70% more than standard rates. It's okay to say some plans don't require a medical exam, but there is no way I'd put lowest rates and no exam required one after the other. To say "choose from amongst the lowest cost polcies available or choose a plan that does not require a medical exam - it's up to you." is getting a little closer to the truth, but I wouldn't even try that because it doesn't pass the skim reading test.

I've always felt that you shouldn't send out anything that would make you nervous if it landed in the hands of the insurance commissioner because it might, and don't say anything you wouldn't say if you thought you were being recorded, because you might be.

I think it is a good idea to start off with an IMO like N.A.A. and let the train you and teach you the business at a lower contract level. They deseve more of your money for training you. But once you learn the business and how to buy your own leads or prospect on your own, then I would go get a high level contract.

I think it is a good idea to start off with an IMO like N.A.A. and let the train you and teach you the business

nice to know you LIKE giving YOUR clints the "the business".......could almost be profitable....for you not the client....

I think it is a good idea to start off with an IMO like N.A.A. and let the train you and teach you the business at a lower contract level. They deseve more of your money for training you. But once you learn the business and how to buy your own leads or prospect on your own, then I would go get a high level contract.

I can't believe that you really buy-into what you have said. :nah: If you were getting a level of training that would prepare you for the real insurance industry, you might :nah: have a point. But still, the industry-low commissions are ridiculous. :no: I work with an IMO that does the same type MP lead generation program and pays much higher commissions, has higher quality exclusive leads, and offers & trains you to do more than just jet-issue non-med policies. :yes:

Back