NAA- Zero to 100Million in 4 years- WOW

If doing group don't ask for the owner! Ask for the person or office that handles HR. Now they usually don't have secretaries, its usually the senior employee or a wife of the owner. If they ask what it is about, tell them its about them. When they go "huh?", you say its about them and that high price insurance or lack thereof. Play with them, make them laugh and your one step closer to getting them to let you through or not but hell might as well have some fun with your no's sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't.

john_petrowski said:
Oh oh, now you're after some of my hidden treasures. Yes, unlimited small business listings that you can customize anyway you want for $9.95 per month. I can spend a day calling all the beauty salons in Michigan and the next day calling all the mortgage brokers in Virginia. You'll have to call me to get that info - won't post it on the board. Don't need the competition.

Years ago we used to use "Go Leads". Initially they were very good, but then it seems the database got really bad. Have they cleaned up their database, John? If so, I may consider using them again.

They've proven themselves to be very good for me. Very few disconnected numbers and for $9.95 per month for unlimited country-wide leads who cares. When you buy a lead list of "X" amount of names for "X" price then it's a big deal which leads are good and bad. But when I can call a few million people it's a non-issue.

For me there's no downside to the single user account. It's software you download and you can download 5,000 leads at a time. You cannot export the leads for that price - can only view the leads. But for telemarketing it's actually perfect.

trade secrets

GoLeads sucks. 9.95 is too much. It does not work. Do not listen to John. Do not use this technique. Stick to mailers.

John, your killing me here, giving away effective trade secrets...and for FREE?!!

Lol. You could post anything you can regarding cold calling and no one's actually gonna do it. If you had 1,000 read the message they'd think "that's great!" and 999 will never actually act on it.

Same with B to B. I got a few emails blasting me about touting B to B. Their theory was everyone would start doing it and areas would get flooded. Yeah.....right.

Listen, agents can't make this business work with buying leads or handling leads where people actually call them. You think anyone's gonna sit at home and cold call during the day? Maybe .01% will. Trust me - we're quite safe.

95% of all agents in this business want business to fall into their lap or they're done. The other agents are already cold calling. It ain't no secret for them.

I just looked at the goleads web site. It looks pretty good. They must get there information from info USA. If so, a guy can get a lot for his 9.95 a month. Info USA makes over 1 million phone calls a month to verify and update there lists.

I can access Reference USA from my home computer via the local library for free. It is a decent source, and the price is right.

http://www.libraryusa.com/

Before paying for names, check your library. Many are now online with offsite access.

There are 196 real estate agency's in zip 30328 which is the 5 mile or so radius from my home. I can get quite a bit of data from each listing.

Adams.jpg
[/img]

Great info! Let's follow that up with all of your marketing should start in your own town then spread out as needed. I used to write in different states - probably just because I could. But what I saw was far less referrals when I wrote out of state.

No pitch can replace "I'm a local independent agent." I still ask people if they prefer to meet with me and a small percentage says yes. Case in point is a meeting I have next week with husband and wife team who just started their own business. The wife says she doesn't do business over the phone. It's most likely a $4,000+ premium which is $1,000 commish. It's also a 5 minute drive.

Somarco,

Good post. I've been using Info USA at the library and from my house logging into the library off and on for several years now. I even have some people who come to me for information on demographics for sales territories they want to go into. There always amazed when I can get the info for them. You should see the look on there face when I tell them it's all free at the library.

There are some libraries who don't have the service though. I went to one about 10 miles from my house so a freind of mine could access it and there town library didn't have it.

Your post should help a lot of people. Good job Somarco!

Back