Need Advice!

I would telL him how it works too. Take him with you and make an ovveride off of him. Thats what I would do. I just found that my RSM is closing down his office and starting a new carre place with anouther company. He is not going to tell them what he is doing. He also said if we don't go with him to the new place he will steal our clients. This won't take place for about another month. SO i will be busy chasing clients about that time. I can't believe how scandalous this insurance world is sometimes. Money definetly makes people crazy.

Senior,

What is an RSM? Regional Sales Manager???? If so how is going to take all your clients. Surely you don't let him process all your applications do you? I thought only captive agents had to do that and you aren't captive are you? Can one be both a captive and independent agent?

At first I thought that AZ was captive as with an insurance company, now it sounds like he is working for a general agent. I've never heard of an insurance company charging an agent $1,000 per month.

It would be a cold day in hell before I would pay anyone $1,000 per month and give up part of my commission for the "right" to sell insurance.

I knew nothing about working for a general agent until I joined this board. Well, I knew enough to know to never do it, so this is all new to me.

I guess it's the one "Insurance for Dummies" book I never did read. Help Me, Help Me!

[imgreflect]

[/imgreflect]

I'VE HEARD THE EXACT SAME THING FROM SEVERAL OTHER AGENTS AS WELL! I WON'T BE THERE FOR LONG ANYWAY. I ALSO WILL NO LONGER TRAIN ONCE I'M FINISHED WITH THE AGENT I'M WORKING WITH NOW!

When you tell him "goodbye", make certain that you don't need a release to be contracted elsewhere. My concern is that you might be tied into him and without that release you could have to wait 6 months to be reappointed elsewhere.

Rick

Regional sales manager is right. I am only tied to him with companies that arent competitive. Like 4 of them. he has access to the company website and it shows every inforce and cancelled policy for every agent under him and their clients. Even my manager can see every agent under her and thier clients.

I am captive and I am independent. I am slowly drifitng independent. I am vested in a couple weeks and that is what i am waiting on.

Regional sales manager is right. I am only tied to him with companies that arent competitive. Like 4 of them. he has access to the company website and it shows every inforce and cancelled policy for every agent under him and their clients. Even my manager can see every agent under her and thier clients.

I am captive and I am independent. I am slowly drifitng independent. I am vested in a couple weeks and that is what i am waiting on.

Definition of "Vested". Get out as quick as you can. I am so sick of people like that ripping off hard working, honest agents. And, I'm holding back. LOL

When you do make the break I would send a letter to all of those clients telling them you are now an independent agent and to contact you directly if they feel that they are paying too much for their Supp policy. That is if you have a better company to put them with. If you want give me a call about how to handle that you have my number.

Should I just give you my list of clients? LOL. I will definetly do that. Actually, I think I will start that letter pretty soon. I have my telemarketer working today. AlRIGHT! I know Frank, you think I should call myself. I still have not convinced myself to. I know if this guy doesnt work out, which I am 80% sure he will then I will be calling prospects myself.

I am goin g to focus on appointments, referrals, some direct mail, and call backs.

Should I just give you my list of clients? LOL. I will definetly do that. Actually, I think I will start that letter pretty soon. I have my telemarketer working today. AlRIGHT! I know Frank, you think I should call myself. I still have not convinced myself to. I know if this guy doesnt work out, which I am 80% sure he will then I will be calling prospects myself.

I am goin g to focus on appointments, referrals, some direct mail, and call backs.

If you give me your list of clients I just might move to Indiana. :D

Hey, if your telemarketer works out I'm all for you. I personally have not had much success at using one. Please let me know how it works out for you.

I definetly will let you know. We used him before and he worked great. The only problem was that our boss had control off the appointments and he was calling for 10 agents. I had at least a 75% closing ratio. If he can get me 10 a week I will be more than happy.

I definetly will let you know. We used him before and he worked great. The only problem was that our boss had control off the appointments and he was calling for 10 agents. I had at least a 75% closing ratio. If he can get me 10 a week I will be more than happy.

Damn, 75%, that is awesome. I may want his name. Ten a week would be huge, you will make a ton at that rate. That's two a day, that will put you in six figures in no time.

Back