Need help "closing deals"

I wasn't trying to be taken as aggressively as it may have come off.

Not a problem. I'm sure we agree more than we disagree.

If you have a proper sales presentation, you would cover all of what you just mentioned. The intro, rapport, needs analysis, solution, value, closing, etc. etc. etc.

Are you familiar with any of David Sandler's work? If not, you might enjoy getting a flavor of his work through "You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar." It's a horrible title on a great book. If you want to buy it, you may have to get it used on amazon for $50, but you may also find a copy at your local library or call a local trainer.

Sandler's approach to selling is much different than the traditional sales material out there. I have implemented much of the system over the last year and a half and it has become a part of me. I consider it one of the best business decisions I have made. You may also find some value in the book when training your clients. Take it or leave it!

Not a problem. I'm sure we agree more than we disagree.

Are you familiar with any of David Sandler's work? If not, you might enjoy getting a flavor of his work through "You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar." It's a horrible title on a great book. If you want to buy it, you may have to get it used on amazon for $50, but you may also find a copy at your local library or call a local trainer.

Sandler's approach to selling is much different than the traditional sales material out there. I have implemented much of the system over the last year and a half and it has become a part of me. I consider it one of the best business decisions I have made. You may also find some value in the book when training your clients. Take it or leave it!

I was going to email you about his stuff, glad you brought it up.
Thanks!

I'm a big fan of implementing a system of selling.

I was going to email you about his stuff, glad you brought it up.
Thanks!

I'm a big fan of implementing a system of selling.

I just bought it, new for $59, used it was even higher. It had great reviews.

Thanks for the heads up!

Well, I was thinking about this "closing" thread today on the way back from an appointment.

Yes, I went on an "appointment"! I don't do it too often, but I got referred to a young man (24 years old) who was VERY insistent about meeting belly-to-belly. Since I have a soft spot for young people, I decided to go. $115 a month health insurance premium. About twenty-five miles north of me.

I thought about how sometimes, we THINK too much. How much better it is to keep it simple.

His Grandmom was there to advise. She's moving her business to him gradually. His Mom/her daughter died when he was 5. Fascinating situation. He relayed a story about how he got stuck with $15,000 in expenses back in '03 from a health insurance policy (limited). Been sendin' the hospital a check every month for FIVE YEARS.

I listened. Then I explained to him how with what I was proposing that wouldn't be a problem. He looked to his Grandmom for her opinion.

I presented a solution. At the end, I said, so whaddya think, do you want to sign up?

He thought about it, and said, "yes."

Maybe you just have to remember to ask.

Well, I was thinking about this "closing" thread today on the way back from an appointment.

Yes, I went on an "appointment"! I don't do it too often, but I got referred to a young man (24 years old) who was VERY insistent about meeting belly-to-belly. Since I have a soft spot for young people, I decided to go. $115 a month health insurance premium. About twenty-five miles north of me.

I thought about how sometimes, we THINK too much. How much better it is to keep it simple.

His Grandmom was there to advise. She's moving her business to him gradually. His Mom/her daughter died when he was 5. Fascinating situation. He relayed a story about how he got stuck with $15,000 in expenses back in '03 from a health insurance policy (limited). Been sendin' the hospital a check every month for FIVE YEARS.

I listened. Then I explained to him how with what I was proposing that wouldn't be a problem. He looked to his Grandmom for her opinion.

I presented a solution. At the end, I said, so whaddya think, do you want to sign up?

He thought about it, and said, "yes."

Maybe you just have to remember to ask.

You asked for the sale, you closed, and it worked. Due to a proper presentation.

Beautiful.

And you sold the one thing everyone wants, peace of mind, that's what I sell, not health insurance.

Good job, better story.

It's worth more than the commission isn't it?

K.I.S.S. What's the absolute worst that can happen, they can say no. Everyone has heard it before, usually about 2500 times before we even turn 2 yrs old. But give them a CHANCE to say yes.

While on the topic, this is one of my favorites. How do you folks handle "I want to think about It". I have seen a number of different approaches. There are times when people really do need to think about things.

To me it breaks down to 2 things. I did not do an accurate job of explaining things, i.e. they still have questions and are too embarassed to ask. Or the price point was nowhere near what they were expecting.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions.

K.I.S.S. What's the absolute worst that can happen, they can say no. Everyone has heard it before, usually about 2500 times before we even turn 2 yrs old. But give them a CHANCE to say yes.

While on the topic, this is one of my favorites. How do you folks handle "I want to think about It". I have seen a number of different approaches. There are times when people really do need to think about things.

To me it breaks down to 2 things. I did not do an accurate job of explaining things, i.e. they still have questions and are too embarassed to ask. Or the price point was nowhere near what they were expecting.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions.

My thoughts are this.

Maybe you gave them too many choices.
Maybe they're unsure if this fulfills their needs
Maybe you didn't take away the pain
Maybe they have reluctance and it's just gorilla smoke
Maybe they perceive a risk

Maybe you should try to find out.

;)

Back