Need Help on My Cold Call Script

Here's my script...
Hi, is (client name) there?
(client name) this is (your name)... (pause)
...not sure if you are going to remember my name (your name)

I'm the (whatever position you want to use) with (company you represent) here in (name of county) county.

I spoke to you about six months ago about your health coverage, and (client name), when I talked to you at that time you just weren't interested, but you know, in this business there's a change.

I talk to somebody and they tell me to go away and I call them in three months and they've been looking for me for sixty days, you know... (kinda say this while laughing a little)
... and I thought I'd give you a call back and see if maybe you're interested at looking at a change.
-----------------------------------------
This actually looks like one I'm going to try. I may modify it a bit to fit my personality, but I like it. Thanks for sharing.

B

Nothing like starting off the relationship with a good lie, huh?

... Raw cold, never spoke to them in my life.

Here's my script...

I'm the (whatever position you want to use) with (company you represent) here in (name of county) county.

I spoke to you about six months ago about your health coverage, and (client name), when I talked to you at that time you just weren't interested, but you know, in this business there's a change.

I use this for cold calling AND with older B-leads, or even any random business phone number you might come across. Remember, people can't recall who they spoke with last week let alone six months ago so you are in a conversation before they even know it. There is only two replies the client will give. 1) No, I'm happy with what I have, or 2) Yes, let's talk about what you have to offer.
Either answer you can work with and go from there. Whatever happens, save the contact info and... call them back in six months.;)

When I'm driving and see a vehicle(work van, company car, etc) with a phone number on the side, I call it. Raw cold, never spoke to them in my life.

When people don't possess the skill to play straight-up, they must resort to trickery.

Shame on you, you're exactly the type of cancer that has given this business the bad reputation that it has.

I actually like cold calling, but I only deal with small business owners, familes, people who are paying for their own health coverage. When I'm driving and see a vehicle(work van, company car, etc) with a phone number on the side, I call it. Raw cold, never spoke to them in my life.

Here's my script...

I talk to somebody and they tell me to go away and I call them in three months and they've been looking for me for sixty days, you know... (kinda say this while laughing a little)
... and I thought I'd give you a call back and see if maybe you're interested at looking at a change.
-----------------------------------------

I use this for cold calling AND with older B-leads, or even any random business phone number you might come across. Remember, people can't recall who they spoke with last week let alone six months ago so you are in a conversation before they even know it. There is only two replies the client will give. 1) No, I'm happy with what I have, or 2) Yes, let's talk about what you have to offer.
Either answer you can work with and go from there. Whatever happens, save the contact info and... call them back in six months.;)

Welcome! Even though your tactics are being questioned.

When people don't possess the skill to play straight-up, they must resort to trickery.

Shame on you, you're exactly the type of cancer that has given this business the bad reputation that it has.

Thanks for your opinion and judgement behind the keyboard.

Everyone has been contacted about their insurance at sometime or another, correct? So why can't it be me?
I try to help folks who are unhappy with their current coverage for whatever reason. If I can make a contact/friend and actually put them in a better place, did I do something wrong?

By the way, the script I mentioned above is not the only one I use from time to time. It's mostly my previous contact script. I'd say 35% of the business I write is from referrals.

I do a lot of "walking & talking". Business is face to face, not on a phone dialing hundreds of numbers praying for someone to say yes.

After I leave an appointment I "cloverleaf" all the surrounding businesses. Walk into the businesses with only my card and introduce myself...

Hi, I'm (name) with (company you represent) and I just helped (business name/client name) down the street with their health coverage.
Then I ask three simple questions all run together...
How do you do your health coverage? How's it working out for you? Are you happy?

Collect their business card and write down the high points of our conversation. Track the locations on a map to mark my progress. I can count on 4-6 appointments by visiting 25 businesses a week, on top of the phone appts I have set.

I fully service my clients. From helping file claims, speaking with their doctor's office, etc... anything they need. Birthday cards go out to clients everyday.

But then again, I need not prove anything to Mr M&M above.
Get to know me first before you start the name calling.
;)

WTF?!?

Did you just steal my script from my desk? :1baffled:

The funny thing is I read a book or an article before that talked about one of the top selling life insurance agents and he would cold call all day long and his script was pretty much that. Of course this was pre Do Not Call list days. But he would take a phone book and go down the list until someone would say yes actually I was thinking about buying insurance, funny you should call. I've never actually tried it though. I'm not sure I could handle that much abuse in a day.

I used to do sales calls too. You can't bombard them with lots of information as soon as they pick up the phone. You need to get them into a casual conversation first by starting with questions.
Ex:
Hi, this is Jack from so and so, is Mr. Hansel there?
Hi, Mr. Hansel. I was wondering if you already have a health insurance in place for your employees?....

Depending on the response, you kind of lead the prospect to where you want to take them...

I used to do sales calls too. You can't bombard them with lots of information as soon as they pick up the phone. You need to get them into a casual conversation first by starting with questions.
Ex:
Hi, this is Jack from so and so, is Mr. Hansel there?
Hi, Mr. Hansel. I was wondering if you already have a health insurance in place for your employees?....

Depending on the response, you kind of lead the prospect to where you want to take them...
Ah yes, nothing I enjoy more than an insurance agent cold calling me trying to get me into a casual conversation. :no:

Back