Need Help on My Cold Call Script

Very interesting replies. Cold calling is just another marketing tool and like all marketing tools if you do them enough they work.

First, you must like cold calling.

Second, be yourself and the professional.

For better results call more and stay with one message.

Padthai had the cutest girl ever about a year ago, I was in love, or was it lust, or both?!?!

:1confused:

jb5mpj.jpg

Last edited:
I've learned a couple tricks I figured I could share that are increasing app setting a lot at least on home mortgage leads.

First thing, do not ask to speak to whoever it is you are calling. Just say "Hi, (lead name or name of spouse on lead card), this is (first name only), how are you doing today?"
Then shut the hell up and listen. Be prepared to have to work off what they say at that point. They literally might have just walked in on their kids lighting their house on fire, or the family dog eating a cat. You DO want them to think you care about what they are saying. If you really don't care just skip this part, it does help a LOT in finding their close if it opens communication.

Part 2:
"The reason I'm calling today is to meet with you so we can go over the benefits you requested to protect your (home mortgage/family/health/ect). I am going to be in your area already doing other appointments on (insert days) and it is important that we set aside 20 to 30 minutes so this can be taken care of and you and your family can be protected. I have (tuesday at 7 and wenesday at 4 - BE SPECIFIC) available, which of those would work best for you?
Shut up here again, and wait for objections. No matter what the objection, just reiterate that it is IMPORTANT, and will BENEFIT. After every objection, ask for the appoitment again after you stress the urgency and importance of the meeting. The reason you give a specific date and time is so they will say "no, 7 tuesday won't work for me, but 6 or 8 or 5 will." That responce says "I want this appointment, find me a time." They might also tell you they do something specific at that time, which will give you information to help close.

NEVER say the word insurance. They probably have an INSURANCE guy. You are providing important things that benefit them. Talk like you already know them, like they are already your client, and your friend. NEVER say the word interested, if you do you increase the chance they say back "I'm not interested" by about 1000%. People tend to repeat what you told them. If you say interested, they say "not interested" if you say "important benefits" they think "this is important and it helps me". If you say "information" they say "please mail me the information". If you want to try it out, call the same people you already called using an old script and don't use those words, if they were soft nos already you probably just set an appointment. You can modify this script to your hearts content, and it will still be effective, just rely on the key words and leaving out the bad trigger words.

Stay in control of the situation. Do not leave messages. Do not ask a client to call you back. Ask them what time you can call back. If a client offers you a meeting time, don't take it. If they say "how about 7 on thursday" you say back "I can't do 7, but I can do 715. I'll see you then". Any leads you couldn't get on the phone or didn't set, take them with you when you run appointments, if someone stands you up, go do a knock and talk.

The key thing here is you are trying to set an appointment that will not just be there, but you want them to buy in 1 meeting. After they take the appointment, say this.
"Great, so I'm going to be coming to your house (time and day). Your letter says your address is (read their address). What major streets are near there, in case my GPS loses signal or dosen't have your location? Alright, thanks (client name), so I'm going to see you at (address again) on (time/day again), when I get there it will help speed things along if you can have your (medications, existing insurance, checkbook, wife or husband) there so that we don't have to run around looking for them after we sit down. Please write down the appointment time and stick it on your fridge or in your planner so we can make sure this gets taken care of for you. I look forward to seeing you on (time day again)."

Ok. I'm POSITIVE a lot of people are thinking here that I am repeating this way too much. Maybe it is too many times, but its better to grind that in than get stood up. You really just want them thinking about YOU coming to their house visualizing it, seeing it happen, knowing what they're going to need out, what they're expected to do.

If you set this way, you have sold the appointment before you get there.This script is 100% intended for a 1 appointment sale. Don't tell them you're "dropping by to go over information with them" or that is EXACTLY what you are going to be doing. You set the expectations of the meeting before you get there.

This EXACT script is setting about 40% of the time so far on 5-8 month old leads. It is setting almost 20% more often than the old one I was using.

Back