Need Help with My Cold Calling Script

Based upon you numbers it's time to play around with your value proposition. Remember 10/3/1

Yes I always was amazed with Al Granum's 10/3/1 numbers and tried many years to beat those ratios (back in my NWML days) - never could.

As those numbers apply to a p&c agent I think that they are actually closer to 10/3/2 Which, really knocks my numbers around for the three days of calling. I was always under the assumption that the numbers would work out after about three months of consistent activity tracking.

To that end, I am either way off on the language, my TM's delivery of the language or the time period we are calling. Or, going to get very positive numbers in the future to knock those ratios in line.

From the responses that I have seen so far on the language, I think we may be ok for now. And, think that we are reaching enough people for the dials. The only thing that is left is the delivery of the language and/or the lack of time dedicated to the activity to give us accurate closing ratios.

Will definitely track this for another 30 days and let the forum know where we are after that. Thanks all for your help.

Yes I always was amazed with Al Granum's 10/3/1 numbers and tried many years to beat those ratios (back in my NWML days) - never could.

Granum's numbers were for selling life insurance by referral and they took place over a three year period to get the one sale for every 10 "qualified suspects". I don't see the numbers holding up for P&C and health coverage. To sell one new group plan or IFP plan, I need to connect with 50 people off of a cold contact.

IME 10/3/1 holds up across different industries. I have sold tangibles and intangibles and 10/3/1 has always been a decent rule of thumb. Of course, as Delta points out there are exceptions.

Warner - Pad gave you one side of the coin of "saving money while keeping the same coverage." The other side is to "see if we can give you get up to 50 percent more coverage for the same premium." Either one of these works. Just depends on if your a glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty person.

In my career, I have been involved with the two largest P&C companies in the country.

Experience shows that an auto and/or ho phone campaign's results and ROI will improve greatly if you buy x-dates and call those.

In this case moon, I'd have to say I agree 100%.

warnerins - How in the world do you give enough business to 18 P&C companies to stay approved with all of them? Most of the good ones in Ohio require production.

warnerins - How in the world do you give enough business to 18 P&C companies to stay approved with all of them? Most of the good ones in Ohio require production.

70 to 80 new clients a month and I prospect my ass off.

Open 9 to 9 Monday through Friday - Saturday Noon to 9

We are completely automated, paperless and have systems in place for every step in the sales cycle. We don't drop the ball on anything.

Any of our carriers that require production are tracked on a daily basis and again we don't drop the ball on anything.

warnerins, you really impress me. You have some good ideas and post. So far I think of you as the gura of car insurance.

Yes, I recommend Warner start the IPCIIA and Mark, you can start the ILIAA. But you better hurry or Marker77 will beat you to it. For $20/mo. he'll set you up on how to sell life over the phone. And for that $20, he'll tell you how to get you acceptance rates to 70%.

Yes, I recommend Warner start the IPCIIA and Mark, you can start the ILIAA. But you better hurry or Marker77 will beat you to it. For $20/mo. he'll set you up on how to sell life over the phone. And for that $20, he'll tell you how to get you acceptance rates to 70%.

My ideas/systems and training are alway going to be free to anyone. I'm just glad that some people can use them and find them useful. I love helping people on the forum. Also no one can complain about free help or training.

But if someone wants to send me a monthly check for my help, I will not stop you. But you don't have to.

Back