New Agent-looking to Get into Selling Med Supps

MsJ

Hello,

1st I would like to say I appreciate everyone's help in advance! I am a new agent and want to sell Med Supps, not MA just Med Supps at 1st. I am sort of connected to an independant insurance agent who has his own business and he was going to train me in general selling(he does annuities and life) but he just started to travel for his business and feels terrible that he doesn't have the time.

Anyway I have been doing alot of reading and ready to do the work that is required for this to eventually be a success. I realize it takes a long time to build up a clientele and that's ok. I am a nurse currently in geriatrics and I understand the other part of the insurance equation. I really want to help my client's with all of the insurance needs eventually.

So I have alot of questions and if anyone is willing to help me get started, again I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mj

Hello,

1st I would like to say I appreciate everyone's help in advance! I am a new agent and want to sell Med Supps, not MA just Med Supps at 1st. I am sort of connected to an independant insurance agent who has his own business and he was going to train me in general selling(he does annuities and life) but he just started to travel for his business and feels terrible that he doesn't have the time.

Anyway I have been doing alot of reading and ready to do the work that is required for this to eventually be a success. I realize it takes a long time to build up a clientele and that's ok. I am a nurse currently in geriatrics and I understand the other part of the insurance equation. I really want to help my client's with all of the insurance needs eventually.

So I have alot of questions and if anyone is willing to help me get started, again I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mj

Take a look at MedicareTraining101.com

I found there's a lot to do in getting started with this but it's all very doable. I believe I have everything setup and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger with my Med Supp career.

I've read a LOT of materials, watched videos/webinars, gotten my scripts completed, purchased my data, gotten contracted with the carriers and more. I have two seats with SalesDialers and I'm currently interviewing Phillipino Telemarketers where I plan on hiring two to start training later this week.

I would like to communicate with someone on a regular/daily basis that's going thru the same things at the same time. A buddy of sorts, someone to help encourage each other, bounce ideas off of, etc. Someone that's positive and brings positive energy with them.

I've committed to seeing this thru and making it the last career I have. If you would like to communicate on this and possibly become friends/associates, let me know, thanks. Email address below.

vots89 AT gmail dot com

Last edited:
I think it's a mistake to go right to phone sales without having done F2F. Not saying it can't work, but you really need to know why Plan F vs Plan G vs Plan N makes sense. It's much harder to explain and gain trust over the phone.

Rick

1. Develop a series of sales literature with INTERESTING HEADLINES. Go to the supermarket tabloids, newspapers and magazines for suggestions.

2. Use as much printed material as possible to build trust. I use copies of pages from the Medicare & You handbook--pages 81 and 82 from the 2017 booklet. In phone conversations, I refer back to these pages.

3. Use basic arithmetic to show the money-saving advantages of switching from a Plan F to a Plan N.

4. Use pictures to show money being thrown away, time is up, afraid to change, etc. You can scour the internet for these.

The biggest obstacle is Fear of Change. You'll save these people $300-$500 per year after they pay the annual deductible but they will still be afraid of change.

Good luck. Feel free to email if you need help. (I do NOT recruit agents).

Mickey Marracino
[email protected]

I think it's a mistake to go right to phone sales without having done F2F. Not saying it can't work, but you really need to know why Plan F vs Plan G vs Plan N makes sense. It's much harder to explain and gain trust over the phone.

Rick

Rick does your training cover phone sales?

I forgot to list this site, I'm a member and got a lot of info from here.

medicareagenttraining dot com

Thank you so much everyone for the replies! I am going to go over each one of them and make some notes. I am so excited to get started. I just need to carve out a chunk of time.

Sincerely,
Mj

Back