New Website, Opinions Needed!

Can start by submitting your URL to all the major search engines (i.e - Google - Add your URL to Google)

Think the bulky comment might relate to the amount of java script you have on some of your sub-pages along with styles that should be dropped into a style sheet (css). Index page seemed fairly clean.

Don't expect miracles in the first few days, let alone months. Any SEO expert should give you a disclaimer that both natural and paid placement take time (besides ppc) to reach the first page.

1. No, dont start submitting your website to Google, Submitting your site when its not even structured correctly is a complete waste of Time.

Would you invite your Boss and Family to your New Open House Party when there is no furniture, electricity and just Moving Boxes stacked everywhere?

Little Secret-- I have never submitted any of my sites to the Search Engines. If you have what they are looking for, They will find you Quick!! and keep coming back everday for MORE!!!

Become the "Hunted" not the "Hunter"

Like I have said many times, Some of these so called webmasters that are building these sites think they know what they are doing, but its weak coding in todays modern standards.

With Google kicking in its new Speed standards, Why would you take a chance with your website coding not being modern and Correct!! when you just paid good money for a Brand New Site, is beyond me. :swoon:

Last edited:
Actually I would. The boxes can act as furniture and the sun can provide what electricity doesn't. If I wait for my new house to be perfect, my Open House will never happen (and I'll miss out on a lot of opportunities: Leads)

While I don't disagree with you, at some point the code needs to be brought up to standards (but my assumption is that InsureTexasNow has no understanding of what that means). A conversation with the current developer will need to be had.

Also InsureTexasNow doesn't have to spend a dime to submit to search engines, just a little leg work. Once the site is indexed, it will continually be crawled and each time it is indexed at some point it will see the new code and move on.

Waiting for perfection can be a long wait.

Actually I would. The boxes can act as furniture and the sun can provide what electricity doesn't. If I wait for my new house to be perfect, my Open House will never happen (and I'll miss out on a lot of opportunities: Leads)

While I don't disagree with you, at some point the code needs to be brought up to standards (but my assumption is that InsureTexasNow has no understanding of what that means). A conversation with the current developer will need to be had.

Also InsureTexasNow doesn't have to spend a dime to submit to search engines, just a little leg work. Once the site is indexed, it will continually be crawled and each time it is indexed at some point it will see the new code and move on.

Waiting for perfection can be a long wait.

Do what you want, But its not my Philosophy.. I think I have been doing this just a tad bit longer and understand it pretty Good!!

I think I understand that you can submit your website for free, But if you dont have a clue what your doing, that button is just a feel good accomplishment.

Google decides when it indexes new sites and if that site is even worth indexing.

Do it right and correctly, the Search Engines will Find your site Quicker than any submit button.

Last edited:
Not discounting your experience or abilities, on the other hand we know little about each others portfolios and resumes.

Either way, I appreciate your passion and commend you on wanting to do and offer the right thing when it comes to posting in these forums and working with forum members. Good to know moving forward.

.net versus .com is the difference between 888 and 800.

Everybody knows 800 is a toll free line.

Everybody knows .com is a domain name address.

I just received my new site and I really enjoy the look of it. I have been visiting this site for several months now and I realize that just looks do not do much good. I am wanting to get into SEO and have a very limited budget. Please take a look and share your opinions. I can not insert a link because this is my first post. insuretexasnow.com is the address. All opinions greatly appreciated. Oh and almost all of the content is going to be changed. It is just filler until I can get other things written. Please pay little attention to it. I am more concerned with construction and having the basics down before diving into SEO.

Thank you very much

I find the site confusing. The reason is because you are sending me to 4 different areas to get quotes. I always like the principle of KISS.
Make it easy for someone to get a quote by just pushing one button and then having them go to one quote form so that they can enter their information. Try putting a big orange button that gives a call to action on the button and drives everyone to one quote form that you can select different options. Why put it orange? Paypal has spent millions in marketing to determine what color of buttons to use.
All the code passes xhtml 1.0 standards. That's a good thing.
You might want to be more consistent with your keywords. You have texas home owner insurance in your title. You would do better to rank for "texas homeowners insurance". Google search is 660 exact searches a month. Also it is easy to rank high for texas homeowners insurance. Build you a lens on squidoo and also do a hub page pointing to your page. Those things will help you real quick.
Go to Googles keyword tool to help you with your keywords. I should have my seo made easy book available at my blog in the next few weeks.

Mike

You should not waste time by submitting your website URL to Google crawlers. That practice is obsolete and not used anymore.

What you should submit to Google though, is your XML/HTML sitemap URL. But you should do that only after you get some content and structure your site properly with clear and easy navigation to all the pages.

You wouldn't want to submit a sitemap URL with pages full of "Lorem Ipsum".

Val.

Last edited:
You should not waste time by submitting your website URL to Google crawlers. That practice is obsolete and not used anymore.

What you should submit to Google though, is your XML/HTML sitemap URL. But you should do that only after you get some content and structure your site properly with clear and easy navigation to all the pages.

You wouldn't want to submit a sitemap URL with pages full of "Lorem Ipsum".

Val.

Game/Set/Match!!!!

Thank you!! Finally someone that Truly Understands the Correct way of doing things :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back