North American Senior Benefits

Only children, ladies & p*ssies play limit poker!! NL Hold'em baby!

While I usually agree, limit makes heroes out of losers all day long because they can catch cards. I think you stand to lose more money in limit and it takes a more careful approach. I prefer No limit myself for the ability to push all .25 into the pot.

While I usually agree, limit makes heroes out of losers all day long because they can catch cards. I think you stand to lose more money in limit and it takes a more careful approach. I prefer No limit myself for the ability to push all .25 into the pot.

.25? I was talking pennies!! :D :D

And limit poker is for losers (think Rick) "hoping to catch" by the river!

Actually you can be "THE LONE RANGER" w/ NASB if that's what you want. The 30 minute training calls every morning are HIGHLY recommended but NEVER mandatory. Ride-alongs are again, HIGHLY recommended even for the "Mr. KNOWITALL" but NEVER mandatory.

When I first got to NASB I was all of the above...I was "THE LONE RANGER and MR.KNOWITALL but I soon realized the VALUE and the accountability in the training provided. NO ONE knows it all and if you think you do then you WILL NOT progress any further. Agents report their numbers each day on a morning call and believe me NO ONE likes reporting ZEROS. Then the top 3 agents talk about their experiences encountered during the previous days work. They talk about what kind of lead they sold (DML/Phone lead/referral, ect.), what kind of objections they had to overcome and so forth. You can pick up tips/pointers that the top agents from around the country are using on a daily basis which shortens your learning curve DRAMATICALLY if you're new or helps add more to your arsenal if you're experienced.

I read an article recently on LeBron James and as GREAT as he already was, he was wanting to get even better. So he sought the guidance of Hakeem Olajuwon. Below, is part of the article I was reading:

"It's no secret where and when James first worked on his low-post game. Fueled by that loss to the Mavs, he went to Houston in the summer of 2011 to learn from a master: Hakeem Olajuwon."

"I wanted to get better," James said of his decision to work with Olajuwon. "I wanted to improve and I sought out someone who I thought was one of the greatest low-post players to ever play this game. I was grateful and happy that he welcomed me with open arms; I was able to go down to Houston for four and a half days; I worked out twice a day; he taught me a lot about the low post and being able to gain an advantage on your opponent. I used that the rest of the offseason, when I went back to my hometown. Every day in the gym I worked on one thing or I worked on two things and tried to improve each and every day."

"The biggest thing isn't how much you work on things, it's 'Can you work on something, then implement it into a game situation?'" James says. "Can you bring what you've worked on so much and put it out on the floor with the finished product? I was happy that I was able to do that and make that transformation."

A Novella! I want to go see The Lone Ranger. I like the Lone Ranger with Longer Hair though. Lone Ranger with a Hair Cut, not so much.
Funny, seeing a story about Hakeem and James in the Insurance Forum. I actually went on an Insurance sales call in the 80's (With Elite Marketing) to see the Dream about a Life Insurance policy. Fun! I also was in attendance when James got his Naismith award in Atlanta. It was kind of funny. While he was giving his acceptance speech, his mother was looking under the tables the whole time. We couldn't figure out what she was looking for while her Son was speaking, Then she got on all fours, crawled under a nearby table, and picked up a spoon. CLASSY! What does this have to do with Final Expense?
Hi-Ho, SILVER! (Spoon?)

I just stumbled upon this site and question so I am a newbie here. Due to time constraints I quickly scanned the posts here on this subject of leads and had a "bizarre" thought cross my mind as I was reading, please forgive me if this has been mentioned in my haste to read I may have missed it.

But the "bizarre" thought is this hang up on leads and if their good or not etc. All leads do is help get your foot in the door, then obviously it's up to you to sell the product and the closing ratio depends on you and depends on the quality of the lead. But the lead is just a lead, it gets you into a neighborhood where you can canvas a few of the other homes around, a tough proposition granted but it gets business cards into more hands. Then once the lead is sold the automatic response to the new client should be asking for referrals, I found no posts mentioning this yet it is the single most rewarding lead. I think some of you here will say that's obvious, yet after owning a business and having agents under me who bought leads 9 out of 10 never asked for referrals! This would lead me to believe that most here don't either, they run the lead as fast as they can and move on to the next lead without getting that vital referral or two or more.

Senior leads a lot of times lead you into retirement communities which is all the more reason to run door to door...IF that community has no signs up discouraging solicitation.

Also I noticed in my years of business that most agents that run leads never send birthday cards to their clients, to the agent they just seem to think they ran and sold the lead let the company take care of them after that. No. You the sales person needs to keep a file on birthdays of clients and buy small inexpensive birthday cards with your name and company representation and phone number embossed on the card with a real signature and a business card and send it to the client 5 days before the birth date. Clients remember this stuff, and if a friend comes up to that client and the conversation somehow gets on insurance that client will tell them about you and tell them to call you and probably hand them one of your cards.

Sorry if I sounded rough with all of this, as a newbie I guess I should be more softer in my approach! :nah:

Back