Oklahoma Shocker: Do You Read Your E-mails?

Daytona_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
FL and SC
Today I received several e-mails from the Oklahoma Department of Insurance, as I'm sure many of you have, too.

Did you read any of them?

Admittedly, I didn't either, until I saw the apology that came soon after!

Then I went back to read what they'd sent. Here it is:

----------------------------------------

"Organizers of the 2012 National Tornado Preparedness Summit seek nominations for five awards to be presented at the event this March in Oklahoma City.

Individuals are asked to submit nominations in the following categories:

- Governor’s Award: The most prestigious honor, given to an individual or organization that has made an outstanding contribution to the cause of tornado preparedness, response, recovery, mitigation or research at the state, regional or national level.

- Insurance Commissioner’s Award: Presented to the girl with the biggest tits.

- Distinguished Service Award:............ "

------------------------------------------

Makes you wonder if they're just checking to see who reads those boring things!

------------------------------------------

Sent later:
"The Oklahoma Insurance Department apologizes for an unauthorized draft of an email that was distributed containing offensive and unacceptable language. This email was traced to a staff person who has accepted full responsibility and is deeply apologetic. Disciplinary action is being taken.

This email was not vetted through the normal process and neither the Insurance Commissioner nor any supervisory staff was aware of the distribution.

The Oklahoma Insurance Department, again, deeply apologizes for the unacceptable language."

Yeah I deleted those; now I've got to go back and read them again. They're sure as hell a lot more interesting than the usual bureaucrat speak drivel! I'd like to help the Insurance Commissioner judge that !!!!

A picture's worth a thousand words! Some Sooner hotties, generously endowed are much more interesting than another Dept of Ins Memo!!!

Oklahoma Department of Insurance Very Special Award!

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Received this email today. 24 minutes later a frantic corrected version arrives. 49 minutes later a mass apology is issued and "disciplinary actions are being taken". Someone is not resting well tonight! Too funny...[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]_____________________[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Organizers of the 2012National Tornado Preparedness Summit seek nominations for five awards to bepresented at the event this March in Oklahoma City.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Individuals are asked tosubmit nominations in the following categories:[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]- Governor’sAward:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif] Themost prestigious honor, given to an individual or organization that has made anoutstanding contribution to the cause of tornado preparedness, response,recovery, mitigation or research at the state, regional or national level.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]- InsuranceCommissioner’s Award:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Presented to the girl with the biggest tits.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]- DistinguishedService Award:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Honors the organization that has made the largest cumulative outstandingcontributions to tornado preparedness, response, recovery, mitigation orresearch.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]- Media Award:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif] To the individual or organizationin the credentialed news media for outstanding efforts to educate and informthe public about tornadoes and tornado preparedness, response, recovery ormitigation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]- HumanitarianAward:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif] Givento the individual for outstanding progress and accomplishment in the fields oftornado preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Those who submitnominations are asked to illustrate in 500 to 750 words how the nominee meetsthe criteria for the selected reward. For media nominees, please include anonline link to footage or text content, or provide other documentation of thenominee’s contribution to tornado information and education.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]More information on thesehonors and a downloadable nomination form are available under the [/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]“Awards”[/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif] link at [/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]tornadosummit.com[/FONT][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]The nomination deadlineis Feb. 24, 2012.[/FONT]

Image:

Image:

Re: Oklahoma Department of Insurance Very Special Award!

Received this email today. 24 minutes later a frantic corrected version arrives. 49 minutes later a mass apology is issued and "disciplinary actions are being taken". Someone is not resting well tonight! Too funny...
I know this is an old thread. But they ended up firing the guy. I sent an email to the OK Insurance Commissioner and told him it was funny and not to be too harsh on the guy, but he fired him anyways.

I guess he didn't have a sense of humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Oklahoma Department of Insurance Very Special Award!

Received this email today. 24 minutes later a frantic corrected version arrives. 49 minutes later a mass apology is issued and "disciplinary actions are being taken". Someone is not resting well tonight! Too funny...
I know this is an old thread. But they ended up firing the guy. I sent an email to the OK Insurance Commissioner and told him it was funny and not to be too harsh on the guy, but he fired him anyways.

I guess he didn't have a sense of humor.

I remember those emails! They fired him? That's too bad....:no:

Little off topic but I once got a call from a customer he had called a carriers customer support dept and granted he probably was a little bit of a jerk but they mailed him out his surrender form and it included a cover letter

Dear JackAss

I did not find it to funny and neither did the client or his school district. I was delighted they fired the rep who did it.

I remember those emails! They fired him? That's too bad....:no:

Yup. He had sent it as a joke to his co-worker, his co-worker was supposed to proofread it and send it back. Instead that person just sent it to their entire distribution list. Republicans have no sense of humor.

I did not find it to funny and neither did the client or his school district. I was delighted they fired the rep who did it.

It's a little funny. If someone sent it to me I'd think it was funny. But I guess I just have a twisted sense of humor.

Back