Open Enrollment Leads for people turning 65

This goes to what Frank was saying about the T65s knowing everything. While doing some prospecting today, I came upon a lady and I was inquiring as to her future Medicare plans due to her upcoming Bday. Well, she told me that she hadn't really thought about it but was going to speak to Joe Smith (name change). I asked, is Joe your insurance agent and her reply was no, he is a pharmacist. Now, I know that pharmacist are pretty knowledgeable, but to me that kind of seemed off the wall.

Now, being a neophyte, I know that I have TONS to learn about this business, but it seems to me, if I'm going to talk to someone about my car engine, I'll see a mechanic, not someone who sells gas from a self-serve station. Maybe not the best analogy but I think everyone will get the point.

This goes to what Frank was saying about the T65s knowing everything. While doing some prospecting today, I came upon a lady and I was inquiring as to her future Medicare plans due to her upcoming Bday. Well, she told me that she hadn't really thought about it but was going to speak to Joe Smith (name change). I asked, is Joe your insurance agent and her reply was no, he is a pharmacist. Now, I know that pharmacist are pretty knowledgeable, but to me that kind of seemed off the wall.

Now, being a neophyte, I know that I have TONS to learn about this business, but it seems to me, if I'm going to talk to someone about my car engine, I'll see a mechanic, not someone who sells gas from a self-serve station. Maybe not the best analogy but I think everyone will get the point.

That is an excellent analogy. In fact it is one of the "more intelligent" ones I have heard. Most people I talk to who are turning 65 tell me that they are talking to a neighbor or the classic one was a woman who said her grand-daughter was real smart and worked for an insurance company and she was going to help her get a policy.

When I asked her if her grand-daughter was an agent she said no, she cleans the offices at night.

What you have discovered and what I have experienced is why I am not interested in trying to sell to people turning 65.

Just recently became the marketer for the states of SC and MN. Any agents in those states interested in open enrollment leads?

Starting tomorrow you cannot call these leads unless they have directly requested it from one of the insurance companies you represent. These are nothing but turning 65 birthday lists. I think you all better bone up with the new CMS guidelines on who you can and cannot contact and that you have to have them sign a form before the appointment agreeing on what is going to be discussed in that appointment.

Starting tomorrow you cannot call these leads unless they have directly requested it from one of the insurance companies you represent. These are nothing but turning 65 birthday lists. I think you all better bone up with the new CMS guidelines on who you can and cannot contact and that you have to have them sign a form before the appointment agreeing on what is going to be discussed in that appointment.

That is all good information and advice. However, I think you have missed the point of this thread, at least as I read it. The use of the term "Open Enrollment" leads me to believe that his comments are directed to Med Supp sales.

Although the starter of the thread never has really qualified what he is offering even though Daytona_Guy has specifically asked the question, I believe him to be offering "leads" for Med Supp sales. I have to assume that they most likely are "direct mail leads" which I really don't classify as a lead. As you point out the same information can be attained by buying a list of 1,000 for $100.

My guess is your assessment that the "leads" are not much more than a list of people turning 65. I wish that MSIS would give us more information. What kind of "leads" they are and where he got them. I'm not sure why he hasn't done so yet.

As you well know there is a huge difference between selling Med Supps than there is selling one of the programs offered under Part C of Medicare.

I assume you sell mainly MA plans since your comments addressed CMS regulations. I really don't care what CMS says because I only sell Med Supps.

If all he is offering are direct mail "leads" or a list of people turning 65 I would not be willing to give up any of my commission to receive that kind of information.

MSIS needs to give us more information before any of us can really post an intelligent comment. In lew of that, I really don't believe that there is any reason to further post comments to this thread, do you?

Our leads are geared toward the Medicare Supplement market. I am well aware of the new CMS guidelines, but they are based towards the sale of the Med Advantage plans.

Our leads are mail card leads, solicitor leads, and internet leads. We have our own telemarketers contacting these people, which for med supps is perfectly legal.

Our leads are geared toward the Medicare Supplement market. I am well aware of the new CMS guidelines, but they are based towards the sale of the Med Advantage plans.

Our leads are mail card leads, solicitor leads, and internet leads. We have our own telemarketers contacting these people, which for med supps is perfectly legal.

Chandler,

It sounds like you have a reputable offer and a decent lead program provided that they are not all geared to people turning 65. I have tried to work that market numerous times and been unsuccessful each time. I get a few but not enough to make it worth while.

Will you please share more specific information regarding your lead contract and commission rates. If you do not want to do that on the board please give me a call.

The one thing Chandler (MSIS) is not telling any of you is that you have to assign commissions to their agency (unless they have changed in the last 2 years) and they pay you. I spoke with someone approximately 2 years ago and had him email the contracting information. After reading the contracting info and the requirement of assigning commissions, it was definitely a deal killer for me.

The one thing Chandler (MSIS) is not telling any of you is that you have to assign commissions to their agency (unless they have changed in the last 2 years) and they pay you. I spoke with someone approximately 2 years ago and had him email the contracting information. After reading the contracting info and the requirement of assigning commissions, it was definitely a deal killer for me.
I briefly placed a few cases from their leads. They paid me like clockwork with advances.

When I dropped the lead program, they provided me with a release (I had a pre-nup).

MSIS is one of the good guys in a sea of crooks.

Rick

Back