Opinions on my Situation?

I disagree on the start up costs. How hard do you want it, what do you need to keep the lights on?

Good point. An agent better be ready to sell if starting with just $1500. He'll burn through that batch quick and if they don't have enough to live on and buy more, then what?:err:

(BURN would be the operative word if I tried it! :1laugh: )

Let's see: Plan B: The cup on the corner with the sign: Would you like to donate $10 or $5 today ? :twitchy:

Is that enough? I saw comments in another thread that suggested one needed $5k just to ensure a satisfactory cycle of leads.Then there would have to be money on top of that for gas, supplies, phone, computer etc.

Having more definitely helps. But let me give you an example...

I have an agent that just got started. He got contracted and then I start my training process with him. After about a week of going over everything with him 1 on 1 in detail, he had only paid for one week of leads so far ($520). Then the next week I was working an area close to him, so he came and met up with me. There was leads there and he bought 20 of them. He finished the week at $4100.

If you are not willing to do whatever it takes, then of course you will need more money to get started. If an agent is willing to buy some leads out of inventory and get in a hotel for a few nights at least ONE TIME, they will get any money back from the initial cost to get going.

So the amount needed will depend on the agent of course. I have a new agent that will be working the same area as me this week. He has been training for 2 weeks with me, so now he will get to go out and hit it on his own. It is also helpful because I can help them set appointments at night from the room, then if they get in a hard house and needs a little help getting it closed, I can swing by and help him since I am working the same town.

More than one way to skin a cat....

Real encouraging info were getting here. Makes me wonder why anyone would want to do it at all. :(

I am thoroughly convinced that people that can sell well can earn a good living doing it. It doesn't work so well for me personally, I would do much better, picking up on a comment in another thread, being the accountant for the successful sales folks.

The other comments I've made are observations of what I think would be necessary to start in this business and have a chance for long term success. The threads throughout the forum are replete with stories of those who did not make it. I understand about "burning territory". In my opinion, after all the reading I have done, suggesting that a person with: minimal support, minimal presentation skills, minimal closing skills, incomplete knowledge of how carriers work-in requirements from agents and customers and (other restrictions I haven't figured out yet); can run into to the field with $1,500 and no nurture, and be a success, is tantamount to "burning the sales agent".

I have no doubt that there have been, are, and will be a few men and women doing exactly that, but I would expect there are many more failing in that scenario than succeeding.

I just think realistic expectation and realistic information should precede the decision to act.

Are you guys really that far from the clientele I have never stayed in a hotel or whatever to do this job.

Having more definitely helps. But let me give you an example...

I have an agent that just got started. He got contracted and then I start my training process with him. After about a week of going over everything with him 1 on 1 in detail, he had only paid for one week of leads so far ($520). Then the next week I was working an area close to him, so he came and met up with me. There was leads there and he bought 20 of them. He finished the week at $4100.

If you are not willing to do whatever it takes, then of course you will need more money to get started. If an agent is willing to buy some leads out of inventory and get in a hotel for a few nights at least ONE TIME, they will get any money back from the initial cost to get going.

So the amount needed will depend on the agent of course. I have a new agent that will be working the same area as me this week. He has been training for 2 weeks with me, so now he will get to go out and hit it on his own. It is also helpful because I can help them set appointments at night from the room, then if they get in a hard house and needs a little help getting it closed, I can swing by and help him since I am working the same town.

More than one way to skin a cat....

I was thinking on my post while you posted. I think that's a great story and really shows the value and support someone can get if they approach the process correctly.

----------

Are you guys really that far from the clientele I have never stayed in a hotel or whatever to do this job.

I think he may be talking about the trainee going to work in the trainer's territory for a week.

I was thinking on my post while you posted. I think that's a great story and really shows the value and support someone can get if they approach the process correctly.

----------

I think he may be talking about the trainee going to work in the trainer's territory for a week.

But they don't always have to come all the way to me, since I work all over :)

Back