Otezla Help Ideas

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just spoke with a client on WellCare Rx who is going to begin to take Otezla. They told her that is a Tier 5 drug with them and that all Tier 5 drugs should be purchased using Amazon Pharmacy.

Not sure how that works. Does WellCare still process the claim and if so how is adjudicated.

Amazon Pharmacy told her that a 30 day cost at x2 a day would be $1,000.

Any ideas on other sources?

AI says this:
It appears that WellCare has designated Otezla as a Tier 5 drug, which means it is a non-preferred drug. It is possible that the client has been directed to purchase the drug through Amazon Pharmacy because it is a less expensive option than purchasing through a traditional pharmacy. It's unclear how the claim would be processed in this scenario, it's possible that WellCare would still process the claim and the cost would be adjudicated through the client's insurance plan.

It's important to shop around and compare prices at different pharmacies, and also check with the insurance company if they have any preferred or contracted pharmacies. Additionally, the client may also want to check if there are any patient assistance programs or manufacturer coupons that can lower the cost of the medication.

AI says this:
It appears that WellCare has designated Otezla as a Tier 5 drug, which means it is a non-preferred drug. It is possible that the client has been directed to purchase the drug through Amazon Pharmacy because it is a less expensive option than purchasing through a traditional pharmacy. It's unclear how the claim would be processed in this scenario, it's possible that WellCare would still process the claim and the cost would be adjudicated through the client's insurance plan.

It's important to shop around and compare prices at different pharmacies, and also check with the insurance company if they have any preferred or contracted pharmacies. Additionally, the client may also want to check if there are any patient assistance programs or manufacturer coupons that can lower the cost of the medication.

Ok, I've not looked into AI

How did you submit your question to AI and get an answer? I've heard about it but don't know how it works.

That's actually pretty cool.

How did you submit your question to AI and get an answer? I've heard about it but don't know how it works.

Here is the link to enroll and use. No costs or fees:
https://chat.openai.com/chat

Back