Pa vehicle in Florida infested with ants

Depends on the policy wording I guess. We've paid for rodent damage to a vehicle, don't know if that was under "contact with a bird or animal" but that may also be a NC thing.

Depends on the policy wording I guess. We've paid for rodent damage to a vehicle, don't know if that was under "contact with a bird or animal" but that may also be a NC thing.

Yeah, I'd go with that. The policy doesn't define "contact" and there are no specific animal or bird exclusions.

Damage due to ants is not listed. Ergo not covered.

Gonna have to eat my words there.

From Wikipedia:

Animals are multicellular eukaryotic organisms that form the biological kingdom Animalia. With few exceptions, animals consume organic material, breathe oxygen, are able to move, reproduce sexually, and grow from a hollow sphere of cells, the blastula, during embryonic development. Over 1.5 million living animal species have been describedof which around 1 million are insects

Ergo, damage done by ants would be covered because, scientifically, they are animals but their presence without damage might not be.

And I say "might" because the auto policy's insuring agreement refers to direct and accidental "loss" not direct and accidental "damage." One might argue that a "loss" is anything that happens to a vehicle that costs money to remedy (including the removal of ants) though, in the case of the presence of ants, the cost of a bug bomb isn't likely to reach the deductible.

Back