• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Paid Lead Threatened to Sue Me!

I get those...just say you are sorry and will take them off the list....I've also made a copy of the lead they sent in so they can see they actually did send it in.

And sometimes if they are raising hell with me on the phone i will ask "when would be a good time for me to come over"...just to really set em off! Sorry, when you are cold calling you have to have a little fun once in awhile.

I'll bet it sets 'em off... especially if you ask nicely as if you didn't hear one bit of their rant. :laugh:

I'll bet it sets 'em off... especially if you ask nicely as if you didn't hear one bit of their rant. :laugh:

Yep..thats what I do! I use to cold call in a room with another fellow who was really laid back...sometimes I would call and use his name.....he would jump up all mad and wave his arms at me and then i'd end up setting an appointment for him!

Depending on the state you reside in, it may or may not be legal for a consumer to record a call without your knowledge.

In the rare case any legal action is taken against you, the company that sold you the information is held liable. They cannot sell names that are not scrubbed against the DNC even if they did ask to be contacted.

JNS Resources- Quality Leads
308 TCW CT
Lake St. Louis, MO 63367
636-265-2850
jnsresources.com

Depending on the state you reside in, it may or may not be legal for a consumer to record a call without your knowledge.

In the rare case any legal action is taken against you, the company that sold you the information is held liable. They cannot sell names that are not scrubbed against the DNC even if they did ask to be contacted.

JNS Resources- Quality Leads
308 TCW CT
Lake St. Louis, MO 63367
636-265-2850
jnsresources.com

You want to quote your source for that? My research says a request for info opens a 90 day window allowing calls even if on the DNC.

This happens all the time with paid internet leads. These internet lead companies are brutal. Many of them will recycle the leads several times. You may be getting cheap leads or even the "Get the 100 Free Leads" gimmick. If that is happening, I would part ways with that lead provider. As for the customer lead....be prepared, because a lot of the people are like that, because they get called & emailed from agents all day long for 5-6 days in a row.

Kevin - AP Insurance

I bet you can count those conversations on one hand after a few years of being in this business. You might try a better calling technique to improve all your conversations. Good Luck! I once called a medicare lead and the guy told me he was a doctor and wanted to be addressed as DR. I told him since I didn't know him I would be seeing him as a prospective client therefore I wouldn't call him Dr. because he wasn't treating me.

I bet you can count those conversations on one hand after a few years of being in this business. You might try a better calling technique to improve all your conversations. Good Luck! I once called a medicare lead and the guy told me he was a doctor and wanted to be addressed as DR. I told him since I didn't know him I would be seeing him as a prospective client therefore I wouldn't call him Dr. because he wasn't treating me.

Did you make a sale?

I once called a medicare lead and the guy told me he was a doctor and wanted to be addressed as DR. I told him since I didn't know him I would be seeing him as a prospective client therefore I wouldn't call him Dr. because he wasn't treating me.

WTF?

If the guy has gone through school and received his doctorate and want's to be referred to as such then you're pretty disrespectful. Treating you or not, he's Dr. Smith. Personally, I just use the first name and ignore titles altogether, but not everyone can pull it off.

Back