PDP Premiums

(Not an agent)

Know you are now very, very busy, but I am curious after my first planfinder run.

I will be interested to see what you have to say about BC PDP's this year after you have had a chance to look for awhile.

Do Independent Agents get commissions for sale of BC PDP's?

Thank you.

BC is different in a lot of states. To make it more confusing, you have BCBS and Anthem, which are different, but look the same.

To answer your question, in KS, for 2025 BC PDP, yes, they are commissionable. The essentials plan is looking competitive. What are your thoughts LD?

BC is different in a lot of states. To make it more confusing, you have BCBS and Anthem, which are different, but look the same.

To answer your question, in KS, for 2025 BC PDP, yes, they are commissionable. The essentials plan is looking competitive. What are your thoughts LD?
I like it. I think it is a very nice option for the T1, T2, and T3 meds I have in my drug list.

I have a Dillons not too far from my home, much easier to drive to than WalMart or Walgreens. Cigna and Dillons seem to have had a parting of the ways. That and $0 vs $3 leaves me with WC or BC rather than Cigna.

BC pricing is acceptable to me.

You guys talk about pricing on CMS not being reliable, that it can change. If I understand correctly, some of the agents say one should look at the tier pricing tables.
WC goes $0, $5, 25%, 41%, 25%
BC goes $0, $2, 20%, 48%, 27%

WC puts 3 items on my list in T4. BC puts 2 of those in T3 and 1 in T2.

1 item on my list, a med some dental professionals will use for sedation dentistry, is not covered by any of those 3 plans. Everything else on my list is T1-T3. BC and Cigna assign the same tiers to everything on my list, except for one item which is T2 on BC and T1 on cigna.

And BC drops the deductible to $425.

I had just figured I would need to be continuing with WellCare, but it looks to me like the BC plan is a solid option.

I hope you can see that plan as beneficial for at least some of your clients.

regards
LD

Back