Permission to contact

mullenryn

I am really struggling with this! I have a list of 19,000 leads that the owner of my company has from annuity seminars. Am I allowed to contact these people by phone at all? What if I'm just inviting them to an educational event. Thank you!

So the people who are doing business with the company are fine to call while anything older than 90 days is not? Thanks for your reply.
Caveat, I am not an agent.

I don't know the answer to your question, but the previous responder may be referring to the possible quality of the leads rather than the legality of calling them.

I am really struggling with this! I have a list of 19,000 leads that the owner of my company has from annuity seminars. Am I allowed to contact these people by phone at all? What if I'm just inviting them to an educational event. Thank you!
If they didn't fill out a BRC requesting to be contacted about MA then no PTC and no direct eye contact allowed either if you happen to see them in public.

If they are on the DNC list you can’t call them after 60-days. Could be 90 days. But it’s one of those.
If they are paying premiums monthly on something you sold them you can call them anytime. But annuities are usually single premium so that has different restrictions also.

If they are on the DNC list you can’t call them after 60-days. Could be 90 days. But it’s one of those.
If they are paying premiums monthly on something you sold them you can call them anytime. But annuities are usually single premium so that has different restrictions also.

I know this is justification but my thinking was since these people had already come to an annuity seminar, then inviting them to an educational event wouldn't be marketing to them so it's towing the line. I have read a bunch of material on the do's and don't and this particular scenario I can't seem to find a good answer. Thanks for commenting.

I know this is justification but my thinking was since these people had already come to an annuity seminar, then inviting them to an educational event wouldn't be marketing to them so it's toeing the line. I have read a bunch of material on the do's and don't and this particular scenario I can't seem to find a good answer. Thanks for commenting.
How is it not marketing to them? If you are mailing them an invitation to an educational event then yes. But to call them to invite, hard no. You can’t do that. Especially if it has anything to do with Medicare.

How is it not marketing to them? If you are mailing them an invitation to an educational event then yes. But to call them to invite, hard no. You can’t do that. Especially if it has anything to do with Medicare.
Because I'm not marketing to them! It's an educational event! Even them saying yes I'd like to come is not even considered permission to contact. In educational events you can not market anything.

DNC still exists? Somebody should tell Joe Namath...

Back