Permission to contact

Because I'm not marketing to them! It's an educational event! Even them saying yes I'd like to come is not even considered permission to contact. In educational events you can not market anything.
Go ahead and do it then. You could get away with it but CAN-SPAM and DNC both exist, have huge fines, and you'll be in violation of either reaching out to these "aged leads" via email or the phone.

Regulators aren't dumb. You're not hosting this "educational" event out of the goodness of your heart. Your goal is to sell these people something.

To add some practical advice, if you have 19k people that have attended seminars, start mailing to them for your educational event. They've already been to one seminar so chances are they will go to others (maybe yours). That's a good group to market to, just not call or email until refreshed (opt in).

You could also scrub the list for DNC and cold call the ones not on it.

Just a few ideas.

Last edited:
Go ahead and do it then. You could get away with it but CAN-SPAM and DNC both exist, have huge fines, and you'll be in violation of either reaching out to these "aged leads" via email or the phone.

Regulators aren't dumb. You're not hosting this "educational" event out of the goodness of your heart. Your goal is to sell these people something.

To add some practical advice, if you have 19k people that have attended seminars, start mailing to them for your educational event. They've already been to one seminar so chances are they will go to others (maybe yours). That's a good group to market to, just not call or email until refreshed (opt in).

You could also scrub the list for DNC and cold call the ones not on it.

Just a few ideas.
Beautiful advice! I will do that.

Back