Pet Insurance - Help Your Clients Love You

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Doing something that doesn't pay you but can be meaningful to your client is one of the best things you can do to keep your client's trust. Please share this idea with your clients. Many of them love their pets more than life itself. If something serious happens and you were the one who "saved" their animal, you will be thanked forever.

This is the information I have emailed and mailed to my clients. It has also been posted on my website blog. Feel free to steal it, modify it, and make it your own.

There is hardly anything we wouldn't do to help a family member with medical issues. Especially those that are life threatening. What we tend to forget is to insure our four legged family members. Pets are quite susceptible to illnesses including cancer, heart disease, etc.

Memorial Day 2013 my 12 year old Queensland Heeler "Sarah" was diagnosed with a spine issue in her neck. She needed surgery and nothing would keep me from helping her. While in the operating room cancer was discovered in both thyroids. Sarah has recovered but the cost for all this treatment was astronomical.

If Sarah's issues weren't traumatic enough, my Border Collie "Ernie" had seizures in late June 2014. He was diagnosed with an operable brain tumor. He has recovered and is cancer free. His surgery and radiation treatment has totaled more than $25,000! But this is what we do for family members.

Because of the financial lesson I learned from Sarah, I purchased pet insurance for Ernie. For about $40 a month, Healthy Paws provided 90% coverage for his treatment. Most people can't afford $25,000. But most of us can spend $40 a month.

It's heartbreaking to think about all the people who can't afford to treat their best friends. Money should not be the deciding factor on whether a pet lives or dies. How many of us could afford to spend $25,000?

There are other choices for pet insurance but based upon personal experience please enroll your loved one(s) in a quality plan with unlimited benefits. Some policies trade coverage for items such as teeth cleaning and routine office visits for a limit on coverage. Healthy Paws covers the big items - the ones that might cause us to make a financial decision to euthanize rather than treat.

They have saved me over $20,000 allowing Ernie to have his life saving treatment without the financial pressure. It's not a decision anyone should make. I never want money to make the decision on saving a best friend and family member.

I'm passionate about my four legged family members. I hope you are also.

If you sign up using this link the $35 I receive will be donated to a pet charity. You will also receive a 10% reduction in the premium.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance

How can I get started selling pet insurance in Ca. Many of my friends and family are professional show horse owners. I specifically want to offer equine insurance along with pet insurance.

I'm not a pet insurance expert and not in this for the commission.

It just is terrible that most people would be unable to treat their dog or cat just because of the cost. It's not expensive to protect yourself against the finances but suspect most people aren't even aware of it.

Because of my experience I know a number of people have protected their 4 legged family members. I tell all my clients about this. Even if I didn't get the huge commission of $35 I'd promote it.

This may sound a bit corny, but I'm doing this for the dogs and cats. I like them much more than their owners.

Rick

Who offers a high deductible plan like $2000.00 to keep the premium down?

I will buy a plan tonight for my Benjamin (Yorkshire Terrier).

Does pet insurance cover pregnancy and contraception?
Will Obama subsidize any part of the cost for those of us with low incomes?
What if my dog wasn't born in the USA?

I've been actually looking into this.. You need a p and c license I believe in most states and to get appointed. So far besides the one mentioned I think ASPCA pays out small commissions. Hope that helps!

Also curious about pet insurance as I have tons of friends who love their dog or cat more than immediate family members. Can someone confirm a P&C license is required to sell in most states?

Also curious about pet insurance as I have tons of friends who love their dog or cat more than immediate family members. Can someone confirm a P&C license is required to sell in most states?

If you're looking to make a bunch of money then I believe you do need a license. Healthy Paws is simply paying as an affiliate. I don't think they even asked if I have a license.

The point of this thread was not to suggest agents should look at pet insurance as a source of commission. It's simply a way to help clients without having to get paid.

I donate the small fee I get ($35) to support animal charities. I tell my clients that also.

Over the past few years clients have called me and the first thing they ask is about my dogs. How could that not aid in retaining a client?

People tend to buy from you because they trust you. Showing that you care about them and their "children" helps gain that trust.

Rick

If you're looking to make a bunch of money then I believe you do need a license. Healthy Paws is simply paying as an affiliate. I don't think they even asked if I have a license.

The point of this thread was not to suggest agents should look at pet insurance as a source of commission. It's simply a way to help clients without having to get paid.

I donate the small fee I get ($35) to support animal charities. I tell my clients that also.

Over the past few years clients have called me and the first thing they ask is about my dogs. How could that not aid in retaining a client?

People tend to buy from you because they trust you. Showing that you care about them and their "children" helps gain that trust.

Rick

I"m mainly thinking of their best interest, but adding a pet insurance product would differentiate me from the other insurance guys.

Back