Phone App Suggestions

I just bought a Note4.

Veterans donation for stuff sounds good. $50?

my apps.
WAZE (5 star awesome for navigation always used while driving Uber)
Uber Driver
Uber (pax)
Lyft
1weather (5 star)
DU recorder (screen shots)
google drive
google sheets
Ampere (how much phone battery using)
overdrive (free library books & audio books from local library)
Audible (I've downloaded & listened to over 200 books)
privacy flashlight
myfitnesspal (count calories)
dietbet (bet on losing weight motivational)
speedtest.net
spotio (good for DKing but haven't tried)
evernote

Done. Gary Sinise Foundation (Captain Dan) or to our Honor Guard. We provide a firing line and three at Veteran's funerals. Your choice. I will take your word for it. PM me an address and I will mail next week.

Edit: We provide three volleys at Veteran's funerals.

Last edited:
How do you secure the images on the phone (compliance, etc.)? I can encrypt .pdfs on my computer pretty easily... but if there is a way to do it on the phone that would be cool.

You upload them to your computer and delete them off your phone.

I use Google Work Suite "GSuite" for email hosting and cloud storage. So some of my apps are specific to that. My phone is a 64GB Nexus 6, grandfathered into Verizons old unlimited data plan... I use it constantly for work and personal stuff.

Work Apps:

Gmail
Google Calander

* Google Drive
(there is a scanning function within Drive.... my phone has a Widget to upload something to drive via scan/camera/file)

Google Voice
Google Keep
Calculator
Compounder (compound interest calc)
Google Docs/Slides/Sheets

* Coze CRM
(This is a "smart" CRM made for gmail. It automates a lot of menial tasks such as updating contact info, checking for forgotten emails, email campaigns/templets/tracking/etc. They give a free trial, try it out)

DocuSign
UberConference
QuickBooks Self Employed
Wordpress

Personal:

* Google Traffic
* Spotify (way better than pandora)
* Shazam
RadarNow (live radar)
Uber
Kindle
Amazon
Ebay
PayPal
Bloomberg
MarketWatch
Yelp
CameraMX
GoodRX
Starbucks (the online ordering feature freaking rocks)
YouTube

Last edited:
I use Google Work Suite "GSuite" for email hosting and cloud storage. So some of my apps are specific to that. My phone is a 64GB Nexus 6, grandfathered into Verizons old unlimited data plan... I use it constantly for work and personal stuff.

Work Apps:

Gmail
Google Calander

* Google Drive
(there is a scanning function within Drive.... my phone has a Widget to upload something to drive via scan/camera/file)

Google Voice
Google Keep
Calculator
Compounder (compound interest calc)
Google Docs/Slides/Sheets

* Coze CRM
(This is a "smart" CRM made for gmail. It automates a lot of menial tasks such as updating contact info, checking for forgotten emails, email campaigns/templets/tracking/etc. They give a free trial, try it out)

DocuSign
UberConference
QuickBooks Self Employed
Wordpress

Personal/semiwork:

* Google Traffic
* Spotify (way better than pandora)
* Shazam
RadarNow (live radar)
Uber
Kindle
Amazon
Ebay
PayPal
Bloomberg
MarketWatch
Yelp
CameraMX
GoodRX
Starbucks (the online ordering feature freaking rocks)
YouTube

Got your email, thanks.

Yeah, I am pretty invested in Google also. I will check it out.

Am I the only dinosaur not using do u sign?

I did not know Drive has a scanner app. Do you use any other scanner apps?

Am I the only dinosaur not using do u sign?

I did not know Drive has a scanner app. Do you use any other scanner apps?

No, Jack still doesnt use it... lol.
They give you a free trial too. You can do an entire app on it if you wanted to. Or just the signatures.

Ive even used it live when sitting with people f2f. Its just easier than printing out / filling out / keeping track of / scanning in a 40 page app.

------

When you press the + to add a document within drive, it will usually give you the option to scan. My phone has a widget that lets you do it from your screen as well.

I dont currently use any others. The drive scan function does not work as well as it used to. Maybe its from the recent update... idk. Plan to talk to google about it before finding a new app (since I pay for drive). Maybe you can try it and let me know how it works with your phone.

Last edited:
No, Jack still doesnt use it... lol.
They give you a free trial too. You can do an entire app on it if you wanted to. Or just the signatures.

Ive even used it live when sitting with people f2f. Its just easier than filling out and keeping track and then scanning in a 40 page app.

------

When you press the + to add a document within drive, it will usually give you the option to scan. My phone has a widget that lets you do it from your screen as well.

I dont currently use any others. The drive scan function does not work as well as it used to. Maybe its from the recent update... idk. Plan to talk to google about it before finding a new app (since I pay for drive). Maybe you can try it and let me know how it works with your phone.

Keep is becoming my wife's replacement in the "remind me to" department.

Our office uses 3cx phone system. Really reliable and very easy to use. We integrated it with a CTI (Tenfold). With the two, we can click-to-call, automatically log calls, view call reports, and more.

CamScanner
I use CamScanner on my Android Galaxy Note 3 and now Note 4. It is an amazing photo-to-PDF program. I have purchased the paid version. That includes OCR which is sketchy BUT the multi-page feature is fabulous.

You can output as PDF or as JPG.

The greatest feature is that it automatically finds the edges of the document, de-skews and then applies filters that corrects the color of the page to look like a white scanned copy.

You can preview the document and reset the edges if needed - sometimes the case if the contrast of the document and whatever is behind the document is too similar.

If you have to manually adjust the border, it has a snap-to feature that works really well, and when needed (rarely, like for curly pages), there is a magnified corner target you can slide with your finger.

You can also manually adjust the colors, contrast and brighness, rotate and crop but the manual stuff never looks as good as their "Magic Color" as seen in my uploads.

Screenshot_2017-11-10-08-39-50_1510321261679.png Screenshot_2017-11-10-08-40-15_1510321262144.png

CardScanner
I use this one less frequently but the OCR on it is very surprisingly accurate (unlike CamScanner). It adds cards to its own list of contacts with search-able text and numbers and stores a picture of the business card. Really cool. I did not buy the paid version of this one yet.

Remote Phone Call
This is by far one of my favorite productivity tools.

Works on Android only, unless iPhone recently stopped blocking external access to the iPhone dialer.

This app dials a number on your cell phone from your PC when you highlight a phone number on your PC screen and hit Control-D on your PC keyboard. Awesome for rapid dialing from a list of contacts or for dialing numbers found on websites.

When you purchase the program, you get access to a download for your PC. You connect your cell phone to your computer through bluetooth or wifi, then you are ready to go.

I love it because I hate dialing and especially since I tend to transpose numbers and dial incorrectly all too often.

Thank you for sharing everyone. Good stuff.

efax
Mailchimp
zoom
crowdfire
evernote (**)
Google Docs/Sheets
camscanner
buffer/hootsuite
googevoice
udemy
lastpass (**)
mindmeister
autodialer
Congrats, you've got 100 posts now and you're free to advertize. :yes:

"This forum does NOT allow new members to join and have any of their first 100 posts be an advertisement of some service that they offer, regardless of what the offer is."

Back