Physical Exams, Underwriting, Young Adults

dgoldenz,
GR was a good carrier in TX until they put a cap on RX like BCBS, Aetna and others. Good RX to me is a must. I may have to rethink it and go with a carrier that is cheaper because they have cut back on RX and suggest clients add a CI.

Bob, I like your idea. I did not sell them the Life. I will see what they have when talk to them tomorrow.

Thanks to all of y'all.
Phillip

They have a $3k Rx cap here too, but you can add the unlimited Rx rider and it's still cheaper than the other companies. It only adds like $15 to a $450 premium on the HSA 100.

I had a couple last year, no health insurance, hadn't had any for a while. Carrier wanted an exam. I suggested they each apply for $100k term life. Annual premium was less than the cost of a physical. They applied, had the exam, submitted results to the health carrier.

They got $200k total new insurance (10 yr term) and the health insurance.

I might be off track, but while there are caps on RX with your Blues, Aetna, Cigna, etc.; if you have a client that is over these maxes already then how are you ever going to get them insured? Most would rider the condition or flat out decline.

Of course, if you're speaking from a 'what if' scenario I do see your point. As stated above, UHC has the rider that is very attractive to my clients worried about it.

I have not looked at World - how are they on rates? Competitive? Decent plan design?

There are only two carriers in TX now that offer what I consider to be full coverage major medical. They are Humana and World. All the other carriers have cut their RX coverage to next to nothing. There is Assurant but they are rediculous in so many ways.
Any ideas on how they can get these tests done without spending several hundred bucks a piece?
Thanks, Phillip

I don't know about pricing but Assurant probably wouldn't be as ridiculous as a full workup that Humana is requesting. I don't write much of Humana in CO but I know plenty of people who are going through total BS on EVERY app they submit. No thanks, I work too hard for my business to let a carrier make me look like a fool.

Back