Picking Up that Phone....

:D

So last night I get this phone call. The ID shows a Dr's office near my home that is kind of a semi emergency type facility. So "just in case" I answer. There's silence (uh oh, not a good sign) then some boiler room background and then a cheery voice

"Hi, this is Jack from Senior Benefits!"

I hung up.

I hang up any time I get a call and I can hear a bunch of voices in the background. I also immediately know it's a random sales call when I answer and there's a delay before they say anything. They get the immediately hang up as well.

I hang up any time I get a call and I can hear a bunch of voices in the background. I also immediately know it's a random sales call when I answer and there's a delay before they say anything. They get the immediately hang up as well.

I will keep those thoughts in mind going forward. Part of my problem here was the medical caller id name and the timing of the call-during home bound traffic period and I could have had 1 of 2 family members in an emergency auto accident type situation at the major intersection where that medical facility is located. That one I had to let them talk.

:D

So last night I get this phone call. The ID shows a Dr's office near my home that is kind of a semi emergency type facility. So "just in case" I answer. There's silence (uh oh, not a good sign) then some boiler room background and then a cheery voice

"Hi, this is Jack from Senior Benefits!"

I hung up.

Any of us who have made a living (or part of one) because people were willing to open their door or answer their phone should be kind to those who are asking us for the same courtesy. What goes around comes around, as the old saying goes.

I use T65 mail card leads, primarily and deal over the phone and mail.

I recently saw a youtube video on sales that suggested that one of the most harmful phrases you can use when calling is "how are you today" because it instantly turns you into a "salesman" when people hear it and they tend to tune out what you say next.

I'd like to get opinions on that and also if you also use T65 leads of this type, what your first call tips are when you make that initial call contact.

So u see from various views that everyone's approach is diff, and there is no right/wrong way to do it...I personally prefer NOT to say "How are you?", cause I hate it when salesmen call me & ask that. That doesnt it make it right or wrong....pick what best suits you & remember- "Whether u think u can or u think u cant, youre right!"

Any of us who have made a living (or part of one) because people were willing to open their door or answer their phone should be kind to those who are asking us for the same courtesy. What goes around comes around, as the old saying goes.

Quite true. And Jack from Senior Benefits was pushing a bogus caller ID to get someone to answer the phone. If you start off with a lie what else will you do?

"Easy P&C referral business! We handle the quotes, sales and customer service. You build residual income. For details, reply llM. To be removed, reply STOP."

I just got that spam text on my phone. I replied STOP. Even if I did P&C, I would've replied STOP.

I do think it hurts the conversation when I say "Hi Robert..." but they have gone by the name "Bob" their whole lives, and they instantly know that I dont know them. But I dont know any way around that

I use whatever name they put on the form.

Women will sometimes put their initial, no name. If I have time I look them up on Spokeo. Other wise I call.

"Hi J, this is B. You were on my site and I am calling to thank you for visiting. My real name is Bob. May I call you by your first name or is J fine with you?"

or

"Hi Robert, this is Bob. Do your friends call you Robert or Bob?"

If you have a friendly, conversational tone, most folks will talk to you. If you are willing to blow them off rather than push for an in home meeting, or sale by phone right then you will end up being more productive.

At least that's the way it works for me.

I use whatever name they put on the form.

Women will sometimes put their initial, no name. If I have time I look them up on Spokeo. Other wise I call.

"Hi J, this is B. You were on my site and I am calling to thank you for visiting. My real name is Bob. May I call you by your first name or is J fine with you?"

or

"Hi Robert, this is Bob. Do your friends call you Robert or Bob?"

If you have a friendly, conversational tone, most folks will talk to you. If you are willing to blow them off rather than push for an in home meeting, or sale by phone right then you will end up being more productive.

At least that's the way it works for me.

I had a 1st for me the other day. I had to move one of my Med Supp clients to another company because of rising premiums. She wanted to meet at a library. She works there part time. When I got there, she took me in a small meeting room. I told her that I wondered about meeting at the library, since you're suppose to be quiet.

She said she'd rather do it there than at home and have to listen to the dogs. I remember when I 1st wrote her, we had to do a POS and even though the dogs were in the bedroom, the interviewer could hardly hear over the barking.

I've had quite a few people that want to meet at McDonalds' or a restaurant because they have a lot of dogs, or they're hoarders.

They arent hoarders, they're collectors!

Thats what you you say when you go into their house...wow you have a nice collection..LOL

Yep, I tried to get in this one ladies house so many times that I lost count. Once I did get in, I regretted it. She had newspapers stacked 6 foot high through the whole house with paths. I had to turn side ways to get through(I probably couldn't now). I had to use the bathroom and it was upstairs. She had empty tin cans and jars stacked on each step so you could hardly find a place to put your foot. Cockroaches everywhere(typical FE house...LOL). She had quite a "collection".

I sold her a policy, but when it lapsed I didn't try to preserve it. Once was enough. I drove by there a couple of years ago and the house was gone. I'm sure that when she died, that they just torched it. :laugh:

It still wasn't as bad as some of the places you see on T.V.

Back