Plan your Attack, and Attack your Plan!

PS: Is there a reason you chose to not respond to this question?

Do you use testimonials in your sales? If yes, then you're being a bit hypocritical, if not, then you're not capitalizing on a useful tool for sales, referrals, credibility, etc.

Seminar was free.

"it's not a topic anyone wonders about except those on this forum trying to discredit my talent and expertise."

Incorrect.

"Stop wasting your time with this stuff, am I eating into your business? Obviously not, so stop eating into mine."

Rob...You're throwing spitballs at a battleship. I don't post with any near the volume or frequency that you do on this Forum. While that is not "wasting time", it is in fact time away from your principal work...whatever that may be.

I just don't get all the angst.

What's the harm in telling folks how many cases you've done so far this year...or last year? They can choose to believe it - or not. You've got no control over that!

Here, even though I've posted it before, I'll go first:

Last year (2007) I placed 168 individual health cases (all under 65). As of 8/31/08, I've placed 142 for the year. My goal is 200. This year, 69% of apps are from new clients, and 31% are from existing clients.

No new group this year. (Shy away from it - no $$$). I have also placed in '08 to date: 17 life cases (on existing clients, large face amount term), and 6 DI cases.

There, that wasn't so hard was it?

Even my ex-wife can read this - I have no further obligations - financial or otherwise to her!

I love it, you first, then I go.

It's not angst by any means Paul, I just think it's uncalled for.

Why not judge my posts? Oh because the last few I've written have been received extremely well so that won't allow you to maintain a negative opinion. Oh yeah and my testimonials don't mean anything either so that's out too.

Get the point?

If you and I were talking on the phone do you think it would matter to me if we discussed production? Of course not, but the negative intent here is a factor, as it has been from the beginning.

Unfortunately that's how this forum is, how it got here I have no idea.

I just don't get all the angst.

What's the harm in telling folks how many cases you've done so far this year...or last year? They can choose to believe it - or not. You've got no control over that!

Here, even though I've posted it before, I'll go first:

Last year (2007) I placed 168 individual health cases (all under 65). As of 8/31/08, I've placed 142 for the year. My goal is 200. This year, 69% of apps are from new clients, and 31% are from existing clients.

No new group this year. (Shy away from it - no $$$). I have also placed in '08 to date: 17 life cases (on existing clients, large face amount term), and 6 DI cases.

There, that wasn't so hard was it?

Even my ex-wife can read this - I have no further obligations - financial or otherwise to her!

I love it, you first, then I go.

It's not angst by any means Paul, I just think it's uncalled for.

Why not judge my posts? Oh because the last few I've written have been received extremely well so that won't allow you to maintain a negative opinion. Oh yeah and my testimonials don't mean anything either so that's out too.

Get the point?

If you and I were talking on the phone do you think it would matter to me if we discussed production? Of course not, but the negative intent here is a factor, as it has been from the beginning.

Unfortunately that's how this forum is, how it got here I have no idea.

Before I go pick up my Chinese food...

Whether you go first, last or not at all is entirely up to you. Frankly I don't care one way or the other.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you are going to use a forum such as this as a sales promotion vehicle, you are going to get skeptics. You should expect it. I think your short tenure in this industry may still have you a tad naive.

Ask somebody who Mark Meurer is. He used to post here.

There's folks (like me) on this Forum that have been in this business 20-30 years. From the amount of crap we've seen (and continue to see - and that in no way is an indictment of you or your services) we've found it's prudent to maintain a healthy level of skepticism.

I think you'll understand better in another ten years.

How was this post promoting me?

Before I go pick up my Chinese food...

Whether you go first, last or not at all is entirely up to you. Frankly I don't care one way or the other.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you are going to use a forum such as this as a sales promotion vehicle, you are going to get skeptics. You should expect it. I think your short tenure in this industry may still have you a tad naive.

Ask somebody who Mark Meurer is. He used to post here.

There's folks (like me) on this Forum that have been in this business 20-30 years. From the amount of crap we've seen (and continue to see - and that in no way is an indictment of you or your services) we've found it's prudent to maintain a healthy level of skepticism.

I think you'll understand better in another ten years.

"PS: Is there a reason you chose to not respond to this question?

Do you use testimonials in your sales? If yes, then you're being a bit hypocritical, if not, then you're not capitalizing on a useful tool for sales, referrals, credibility, etc."

I do not use them. Never have. Re...the "not responding to the question"...It's not at the top of my list of priorities when you have been without power, phone and internet for five days.

Look...you have chosen to avoid the initial request. That's your call. Just don't be surprised when some (not all) folks question your credibility.

I didn't want an answer, forgot the LOL, was breaking your chops, chumps, LOL.

Anyway, I'm planning on heading in the direction of a Gitomer, Kennedy, etc. So I will follow the successful pattern of others before me, they don't reveal their income, they reveal their accomplishments and that suffices. I will continue learning and improving as I go, the more people I can help I will.

As far as people questioning my credibility (or anyone's), that will always happen, everywhere you go so . . .

"Some will, some won't. Who cares? Who's next?

"PS: Is there a reason you chose to not respond to this question?

Do you use testimonials in your sales? If yes, then you're being a bit hypocritical, if not, then you're not capitalizing on a useful tool for sales, referrals, credibility, etc."

I do not use them. Never have. Re...the "not responding to the question"...It's not at the top of my list of priorities when you have been without power, phone and internet for five days.

Look...you have chosen to avoid the initial request. That's your call. Just don't be surprised when some (not all) folks question your credibility.

So I will follow the successful pattern of others before me, they don't reveal their income, they reveal their accomplishments and that suffices.

Maybe it suffices for Gitomer and Dan Kennedy...but I would politely offer that you're not quite there yet.

Man, I just don't get the evasive smokescreen...all it does is get people asking why. The only result is a serious hit to your credibility.

Nobody asked you to "reveal" your income, or release your tax returns for cryin' out loud!

You are holding yourself out as a health insurance sales trainer who's "done it", and "knows how to do it".

So here's a question that in no way reveals your income:

How many individual health cases did you write/issue/place last year?

Business
What level am I committed to playing at today?
What will I do today to maintain an unstoppable mindset?
How will I reach for success today?
What must I accomplish today?
How can I leverage my team today?
What must my team accomplish?
How can I apply the multiplier concept today?
Who do I need to follow up with today?
What are my goals today?
How can I make $10,000 today?
What will I do to make progress on my book
What could I spend 1 hour on today that would make the biggest difference?

Mr. Bill,

Good post, I incorporated some of those questions into my morning routine today. I keep a note book each morning and grab a cup of coffee, write what I want to accomplish for the day, and then write what I accomplished at the end of the day.

Back