Plan your Attack, and Attack your Plan!

At the end of today, I hope the Rays can write in their notebooks that they took the first one from the Twins!

We need this series badly, after last nights fumble, we're 2 1/2 out to the White Sucks.

1. In 2005 while working at Health & Life Direct, I placed over 500 policies among Golden Rule, Assurant, Humana, CGI, Unicare etc. (Again, call Greg Loerzel, Jen McEvoy, Brad Lacey, Kurt Klein or John Rudy)
  2. In 2006 I became a manager for them (about 30 agents) and still placed over 200 policies that year (didn't work the full year, read on). Then it started, they held back our commissions, decided to to take 25%, then 50%, then all of our bonuses, lied to me, etc, so I quit (and 12 others) and I lost most of my book as they twisted and churned to get my customers, as in they literally assigned their agents to my clients to change their policies to other insurers. They had already lost their appointment with Golden Rule (I was able to get appointed again) and I heard they lost Cigna and another one more recently.
  3. In late 2006, I became Sr VP of Sales at So Insure, didn't sell too much, just to train and then unfortunately, that place ran out of money. I learned a due diligence lesson, LOL
  4. On January, 7th 2007 I resigned from So Insure, not knowing if I would even stay in insurance after getting misled/screwed over twice.
  5. I didn't work for three months, I prayed and waited for inspiration.
  6. I received a call from Benefit Associates, turns out both Brad Lacey and Greg Loerzel (unbeknown to one another) recommended me to assist them launch a call center from scratch. I took the opportunity.
“If anybody is looking to have a group of people taught how to sell, you don’t need to look any further than Rob Liano. He is the absolute best I have ever seen in my life. He uses a thorough approach where his students become actual students of the business. When Rob is finished with someone, they know the business inside out. Rob focuses on overcoming objectives, and he is a master at the technique. He makes you want to buy more.
Rob has trained over 30 sales professionals for me over the last year, and I can’t wait for the next batch.”

Andrew B. Martin
Chief Operating Officer
Benefit Associates

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“I have been working with Rob Liano for about a few years now. He is very sharp, aggressive and considerate. I wish I could clone him to set up telephone sales locations throughout the U.S.”

Gregory A. Loerzel
Regional Sales Director

"Rob has vast experience in the call center environment. His track record speaks for itself as he’s been able to start a successful call center from the ground up, and has been a delight in working with from a carrier standpoint."

Brad Lacey
National Call Center Account Executive

That led to others, Destiny Health, HSA for America, Stephens Matthews, etc, etc, etc. Oh, Norvax had me on an interview and live and did a blast about the training I offered and it took off even further.

The point is, I don't sell as much due to training, as I have mentioned numerous times on this forum. I have a comfy residual from my current clients, referrals and renewals and I periodically pop on the leads to stay sharp and try new things but if you're looking for a million policies placed this year, sorry, you'll be disappointed.

PS:

If anyone won't consider my training based on the thought that I don't know how to sell, that's sad, because you really should focus on what the training accomplishes for you and even though it's thought to be rare, I can sell and I can teach.

:yes:

insureoverall
Maybe it suffices for Gitomer and Dan Kennedy...but I would politely offer that you're not quite there yet.

Man, I just don't get the evasive smokescreen...all it does is get people asking why. The only result is a serious hit to your credibility.

Nobody asked you to "reveal" your income, or release your tax returns for cryin' out loud!

You are holding yourself out as a health insurance sales trainer who's "done it", and "knows how to do it".

So here's a question that in no way reveals your income:

How many individual health cases did you write/issue/place last year?

Here is part of a Norvax e-mail I received

Network with producers, carriers and technology innovators - and learn individual health sales strategies and tactics you can apply right away.
Farmington Hills
31525 W. Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
248-553-0000
See the map here
Date & Time:
Thursday, Oct. 9, 2008
8:00 am Registration
8:30 am – 12:30 pm Program
RSVP:
Seating limited!
Call Colleen Johnston
800-801-2300
Register online here
Cost: FREE!
Presented by:
wp-summit-08-08-email-desmarais.jpg
Jeremiah Desmarais
Vice President,
Marketing, Norvax
wp-summit-08-08-email-liano.jpg

Rob Liano
National Insurance
Sales Trainer,
Norvax University

1. Then it started, they held back our commissions, decided to to take 25%, then 50%, then all of our bonuses, lied to me, etc, so I quit (and 12 others) and I lost most of my book as they twisted and churned to get my customers, as in they literally assigned their agents to my clients to change their policies to other insurers
Thanks for the info.

Ironically, the above is exactly the kind of stuff that leads agents, especially the veteran ones, to not take much at face value.

I speak to many many licensed agents day to day, some looking for contracts, and others looking at our health insurance lead program. I have personally spoke to 3 of Rob's students. And two of them thought it was the best training they have received; the other thought it was good, but not very necessary for a veteran agent, although he did say it would be great for a new agent.

On a personal level, all three said Rob was a great guy.

the other thought it was good, but not very necessary for a veteran agent, although he did say it would be great for a new agent.

Thanks, appreciate the input. Also, I'd be the first to agree. Many veterans do and have gotten a lot out of it but it's really tailored to starting from the ground up with less frustration, lower costs and less discouragement.

Back