Post-Corona, Preparing for Normalcy

If that is true, then we have been going about this too severely. I do not know, but we should at least be as willing to consider that we have over reacted as we have been willing to consider this the end of the world as we know it.

Weren’t you the biggest proponent of freaking out the last few weeks?

Weren’t you the biggest proponent of freaking out the last few weeks?

Yes. I think two things happened.

First, I think he realizes that all our f2f careers are over as we know them. Will most of us be ok- yes. Will any of it be the same for the next year or two - no.

Second - It appears he is focusing on less theatrical based media articles, and now seems to be looking at Stanford reasearch and cdc info, which is much less sensational, and much more focused on facts than emotion.

More Americans die of dog and snake bites than terrorism. It's all about how things are marketed, though. Now that its clear that most domestic terrorist attacks are by native born caucasians (Waco, unabomber, vegas concert shooting, columbine), very different than the "them" campaign the government was pushing, I think this is now the thing for us to be scared of, and group together against, though I could be wrong.

This thing has been one big media orgy. If marketed properly, we could even get people terrified of oranges, and never eat one again. Oranges are a very healthy fruit to add to your diet, we all know that. Below is a serious of accurate facts, which lead into questions. There is not a single falsehood or lie below. I repeat, nothing below is factually false.

I know you've heard oranges are healthy, but look at facts-

Oranges have acid in them.
Acid in your eye can blind you.
I heard of a kid that got shot in the eye with an orange peel, and went blind.
Oranges have sugar in them.
Excess sugar is a leading cause of obesity. Obesity can cause erectile dysfunction.
Oranges have chemicals in them.
Chemicals can cause cancer.
Orange is the color of some dangerous things in nature.
Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and probably ate oranges.

Conclusion:

You don't want cancer, do you?
You don't want to become fat and impotent, do you?
You don't want to go blind, do you?
Are you an antisemitic racist?

If not, why are you still eating oranges?

Last edited:
Life Hawk will have a hard time hugging from 6 feet away. :laugh:

:no:...nope, full stride for me and that's just about 2 steps. Better git running. ;)

Hmm... so you guys catching up to the, "things just don't add up" thinking. Good to see.

I am still wait and see, but Ihave had just about enough of the fear crap.

You guys live in the numbers... they just don't add up. What we will have next is people unwilling or too fearful to admit to the big mistake I think we just made... but we'll wait and see.:yes:

:no:...nope, full stride for me and that's just about 2 steps. Better git running. ;)

Hmm... so you guys catching up to the, "things just don't add up" thinking. Good to see.

I am still wait and see, but Ihave had just about enough of the fear crap.

You guys live in the numbers... they just don't add up. What we will have next is people unwilling or too fearful to admit to the big mistake I think we just made... but we'll wait and see.:yes:

You don't eat oranges, do you? Lol.:1laugh:

If not, why are you still eating oranges?

Because they taste good and I like them...;)

...and I don't watch CNN, MSBC, read the Washington Post or USATODAY, I don't trust the WHO or some things FDA says.

I like to look at the numbers for myself, and I don't automatically trust someone because of their education... I've have ran into too many educated idiots that were well spoken and didn't know which end of the horse you put the bit into.

This thing has been one big media orgy. If marketed properly, we could even get people terrified of oranges, and never eat one again.

What's the motive? Toilet paper Presidents bought out the media and world leaders?

What numbers have you baffled?

What's the motive? Toilet paper Presidents bought out the media and world leaders?

No more or less toilet paper will be bought as a result of this. People aren't pooping any more or less.

There is a long list of entities that benefit, but lets start with one person to keep it simple and go from there. Who would obviously benefit from something like this? Online retailers and grocery stores. Who can pump up the the fear? The media.

The richest man in the world is heavily invested in media (twitter, business insider, washington post), and owns amazon.com and Whole Foods.

Jeff Bezos is laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm not saying Jeff Bezos is behind all of the hype, I'm just using him as an example. The media is controlled by a pretty small group of people. Much like me and my buddies getting together to plan a dirtbiking trip, it wouldn't be hard for these guys to get together and plan a fear trip for mutual benefit. Have you heard of the movie Reefer Madness? That's a great example.

The big companies getting bailout money while the public gets pennies, the government gets more control over people, the government borrows and prints more money, the list of people to benefit from this just goes on and on.

Last edited:
Life Hawk will have a hard time hugging from 6 feet away.

0637.jpg

Latest posts

Back