Principal or Prudential or Aflac

I'm thinking about starting a new career in the insurance industry, I'm wanting to find out any experiences or thoughts on these 3 companies:

1. Principal Financial Group
2. Prudential Financial
3. Aflac

Which one maybe better to start a new career. I live in Florida in Tampa Bay area. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
I would have to get 245 life ins licence and series 6 for Prudential and Principal, not in Aflac, also it seems that with Prudential I can also sell property and casualty through Liberty Mutual, but Aflac seems to have a niche market with business, and sells supplemental health insurance which can be a big thing with Obama care.

I'm thinking about starting a new career in the insurance industry, I'm wanting to find out any experiences or thoughts on these 3 companies:

2. Prudential Financial
3. Aflac

Which one maybe better to start a new career. I live in Florida in Tampa Bay area. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
I would have to get 245 life ins licence and series 6 for Prudential and Principal, not in Aflac, also it seems that with Prudential I can also sell property and casualty through Liberty Mutual, but Aflac seems to have a niche market with business, and sells supplemental health insurance which can be a big thing with Obama care.

Not AFLAC either of he other two others depending upon where I could get the best training and support.

Last edited:

2. Prudential Financial
3. Aflac

I started with Aflac and left after one year. The other two are quality companies, either one will serve you well.

Aflac has a large market presence because they have a massive amount of agents. I would walk into a business and they would say "you guys were just here trying to talk to me last week!"

There was a lot feelgood meetings but little actual training.

I went to NYL after Aflac and I consider that the start of my "real" insurance career.

Both Principle and Pru are excellent companies. If you want to concentrate on the business market then I would go with Principle. If you want to concentrate on the individual market then go with Pru.

Thanks a lot for your info
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I started with Aflac and left after one year. The other two are quality companies, either one will serve you well.

Aflac has a large market presence because they have a massive amount of agents. I would walk into a business and they would say "you guys were just here trying to talk to me last week!"

There was a lot feelgood meetings but little actual training.

I went to NYL after Aflac and I consider that the start of my "real" insurance career.

Both Principle and Pru are excellent companies. If you want to concentrate on the business market then I would go with Principle. If you want to concentrate on the individual market then go with Pru.
Thanks for sharing your experience, I do appreciate it

Last edited:
Back