Progressive / ASI Homeowner's...Thoughts?

They are great for middle market and non-standard. I find that progressive and foremost auto compete for the same clients most of the time.

^^ How much premium do you have w/ Progressive & how much do you write w/ them? I'm curious to see what you leverage position was

I have 178k. We write 2-3 PHA per month. My rep asked me why we didn't write any preferred business with them and what could he do to help. We have a great rep and good relationship with him. I told him my agents can't make any money after our split with you guys they take a 33% pay cut placing bus. With Progressive. As the agency principle I don't get bonuses or profit sharing so I don't encourage it either.

They came back and bumped my commission and said when we hit 250k we would be eligible for profit sharing. So now we write more business

I am in SC & have had ASI a couple of years. I got a letter from them today stating that they are pulling my contract due to lack of production. I called the rep & asked him when they had started the minimum production requirements. He stated that it was a " new " direction they were going & that the new minimum requirements would be 5 -7 policies a month. I tend to Bundle all my preferred clients & sometimes ASI was just odd man out. I have written 3 policies with them in the first 6 weeks of the year . Not setting the woods on fire for sure but still something & not just sitting them on the shelf with no production. IDK if this is coming down for Progressive or what but be aware. Thanks LP

I wasn't using them anyway but nationwide agents used to be able to get directly appointed with asi. That option no longer exists. It'll be interesting to find out exactly what they're after.

bumped your commission? that has me scratching my head...can you tell me what they bumped you to? we're well over 250K with them and have never had a discussion about profit sharing

i better get the rep on the phone

bumped your commission? that has me scratching my head...can you tell me what they bumped you to? we're well over 250K with them and have never had a discussion about profit sharing

i better get the rep on the phone

In MD, Progressive will pay 12% on new business and 10% on renewals if you average 3 auto per month for 6 months. So 18 auto by June 30 then you get the increase for a year.

I don't know about ASI though down here they are a separate appointment aside from Progressive.

In MD, Progressive will pay 12% on new business and 10% on renewals if you average 3 auto per month for 6 months. So 18 auto by June 30 then you get the increase for a year.

I don't know about ASI though down here they are a separate appointment aside from Progressive.

That's all it takes? Hmm. I'm pretty close to that now.

Are progressive agents going to be able to offer any renters insurance with ASI. I keep getting varied answers on this. All I know for sure is some time in the spring the NY agents with progressive can write home with no quotas.

Are progressive agents going to be able to offer any renters insurance with ASI. I keep getting varied answers on this. All I know for sure is some time in the spring the NY agents with progressive can write home with no quotas.

Here in Texas Progressive is launching the renters later on this month. No separate appointment needed, everything done under the progressive brand.

Back