Prospecting with reply cards for med supps

Frank,

You have been giving that same piece of advice over and over and it is still the best marketing advice I have heard. Fact is, some folks just do not want to work that hard. Not saying that is you, Senior, but if you take his advice you will have the leads issue of this business settled once and for all...or at least until big brother tells you you can't make calls anymore.

Thanks Kyle,

I know I sound like a broken record but it is the only thing that has consistently worked for me. You're right though, it is a lot of work but no one ever said success is going to come easy in anything.

I agree...calling from a list can produce a much better return at a more reasonable rate. My problem is the Medicare Advantage plan that I offer doesn't allow cold calling. (BC of Mi) They have a great product, great rates, but it's hard to get the word out about it. Any suggestions?

It's not the plans that don't allow cold calling, it is CMS.

Do not call about Medicare Advantage plans! Call and talk to them about their Med Supp insurance, this is within the CMS guidelines. Once you get them on the phone and find out who they have their Med Supp insurance with and how much they are paying etc. you can ask them if they are aware of the other options available to them. They will probably say no.

That is when you tell them that there are other options available to them that may be more financially attractive than an expensive Medicare Supplement policy. That's when you "do your thing".

It is only against CMS guidelines to make the call or knock on the door with the only intention being to talk to them about Advantage plans, specifically PFFS plans.

At least this is how it was explained to me. I have "checked it out" and I'm comfortable with that but I would suggest that you check it out for yourself.

Remember, people on this board have been wrong in the past. Don't ever take what someone says here as gospel regarding things that could put your ability to sell insurance at risk.

Do i kid? I take my profession seriously and other peoples advice. If someone here tells me something different than whats in the medicare guide book, I tend to believe the guide book is wrong. :D

I spent some time with Sterling, the original people in MA's at least I do believe they were the first in the game. They have many Agents all over the US calling from list of "Over 65" cold calling. First line was this, "Recently we sent you a card about the new Advantage Plans, do you remember getting that?". Now they claim they send the cards out by the hundred thousands and I'm sure they do but nevertheless it was a cold call, and I've never seen nothing in the CMS guidelines against cold calling?

I spent some time with Sterling, the original people in MA's at least I do believe they were the first in the game. They have many Agents all over the US calling from list of "Over 65" cold calling. First line was this, "Recently we sent you a card about the new Advantage Plans, do you remember getting that?". Now they claim they send the cards out by the hundred thousands and I'm sure they do but nevertheless it was a cold call, and I've never seen nothing in the CMS guidelines against cold calling?

I was almost positive, the operative word being "almost", that during certification I read that any kind of "cold calling" just for PFFS was a no no. I don't have that information any longer so I can't look it up.

I may very well be wrong. If so, that is just one more reason to check everything out that is stated on this board. When in doubt, one should do their own research.

Thanks for the information.

Back