Prospecting with reply cards for med supps

Josh...if marketers could figure out why response is low, they may or may not tell us(source of income for them) and if they could fix it with better ads, they would. A better return means they can charge more.

I think that if agents designed a couple colorful flyers with rates, and mailed them out, they would generate same amount of inquiries as these mail houses.

What if you sent out a flyer saying $5.00 says we can beat your current med supp rate? Call 1-800---0000

Think there would be phone calls? we need to get creative.

Policy Dr,

I have seen a big change in just 2007 when it come to senior mailers. I would think that there would need to be a big reason that we would see such a big change over night... maybe it is the MA plans?

Josh

It's a buinch of reasons: MA's are competition, then people working longer and covered by group plans, retirees with company benefits. You also have the working poor and poor not on medicaid.

Heck, the other week I had a lady tell me she canceled her Medicare Part B premium, and went back to her employers group coverage. It was cheaper for her than paying Medi/Med Supp. That was a new one for me to hear too.

Sell them critical illness.

Last year I did very well on postcard mailers up thru Dec 2006. When 2007 arrived there was no gradual decrease in return, it was a dramatic decrease in numbers plus the quality of the lead were very bad. I've been tweeking things trying to get the return and quality back but nothing has worked. After pumping in thousands of dollars into it this year I haven't even broke even. I've stoppped beating this dead horse and moved on.

Well, I am trying my luck one last time and should start getting maillers back in the week of the 25th. maybe the number will go back up. I will let you know if it is working out the same as it has been for insuranceman and myself.

Wish me luck!

None that I am aware of. The "old fashion" way of hard work and time is the only thing that has consistently worked for me.

Did you read the article I wrote in the "Agent Resources" section of this forum?

Frank, how does your rap or cold call pitch go basically for medicare supplements. Suppose you have a list of over 65's and then you are calling. What is your approach?

Thanks,

Winter

Frank, how does your rap or cold call pitch go basically for medicare supplements. Suppose you have a list of over 65's and then you are calling. What is your approach?

Thanks,

Winter

I introduce myself and the first question I ask is if they are on Medicare even though I already know the answer. I then ask if they have a supplement and who they have it with.

If I get that far into the call then I engage them in conversation.

If you would like to give me a call I can be more specific and I can share it with you in greater detail. I'm be here for the next hour if I try to type everything I say. A lot of what I say depends on what they say.

There is no "script" that covers every call. "Scripts", in my opinion are just that, a "script". They are for people who are trying to sell something and really don't know the product, just like the calls we all get all the time.

SAI, why are you kissing up to Frank? Are you trying to become a moderator?;)
:skeptical:How am I kissing up to Frank? I asked Insjosh a question. Why would i need to kiss up to him to be a moderator? I already am an undercover moderator..oops ship!!!! I'm just kidding I am not an ndercover moderator.:arghh:

Back