Prospecting with reply cards for med supps

I had a colleague cold call about Med supps and then when the prospect mentioned that they were looking at an MA plan my colleague switched over to MA plans and ended up selling them an MA plan. The MA carrier for some reason checked with the people to see how he had sold them. Even though he had started out talking about Med supp and then switched to MA's they told him that was cold calling and he got in trouble with the company.

What I would do is start talking about med supps first. Then if they mention MA's, tell them you will mail some information. Then have copies of a med supp outline of Plan D, or F, or whatever, and also send a copy of outline for the MA plan you have. Then call them back in a few days to verify receipt, and take it from there. Better, have them call you. Or, or , or....tell them youre working that area tomorrow and will drop by to explain all their options. Always leave a Guide to Health ins /Medicare. free from SS and your med supp carriers.

Speaking of mailer cards......I talked to several mailing houses this past week, and their response has been dropping. Also, some of my carriers had dropped their advertising mailers for "Re-evaluation". The return has been so miserable, you have better luck calling on the phone, or get a product you like and canvass B2B or in the residential areas.

None that I am aware of. The "old fashion" way of hard work and time is the only thing that has consistently worked for me.

Did you read the article I wrote in the "Agent Resources" section of this forum?

No, I didnt read it. Will you tell me what it says? Also, will you make my cold calls for me? :D Just kidding, yes i read it, I read everything you write Frank.

Speaking of mailer cards......I talked to several mailing houses this past week, and their response has been dropping. Also, some of my carriers had dropped their advertising mailers for "Re-evaluation". The return has been so miserable, you have better luck calling on the phone, or get a product you like and canvass B2B or in the residential areas.

Do they know why the response have dropped so much?

Do they know why the response have dropped so much?

Although I don't know I can make an educated guess or, a WAG (Wild Ass Guess), same difference.

1. Today's consumer is much wiser and better informed than they were 10 years ago when the cards really worked.

2. Companies are sending the same card with the same verbiage today that they were 10 years ago and the prospect has probably already received at least 10 to 20 cards that say exactly the same thing.

3. More and more people are doing research and the internet has made that extremely easy.

4. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is only a ploy to get their phone number so an agent can "legally" call them and try to sell them something. No one believes that a company is going to send them all that "valuable information" "for free" without expecting something back in return.

They are mostly filled out by people who are compulsive "filler outers of cards".

I do not consider these real leads. Just another name and phone number.

Back