Public Option Continues

I somewhat agree with the generaly idea of what you're saying. I don't, however, think it's wrong to have a list of things you want to acheive and then give it to commitees to come up with solutions. That is what CEOs do. For examples, Steve Jobs says, hey...I've got this great idea for an MP3 player that does this list of things..... Then he leaves it up to them to make it a reality.

I somewhat agree with the generaly idea of what you're saying. I don't, however, think it's wrong to have a list of things you want to acheive and then give it to commitees to come up with solutions. That is what CEOs do. For examples, Steve Jobs says, hey...I've got this great idea for an MP3 player that does this list of things..... Then he leaves it up to them to make it a reality.

If he wants to work internally over the last two years with his various advisors, czars, anlaysts, health care experts, etc. to come up with a plan he stands behind then that is all normal. At some point you have to stand behind something other than a general goal and introduce something you and your team are willing to put your name and cred and details behind.
As Barry is finding out, Congress is not his staff and they have different ideas and agendas than he has and different constituents as well. They, along with the public, are consumers of what he tries to put on to them, not his staff which is committed to making him look good. They have their own problems with the folks back in the districts.

If Steve Jobs wants to work with a small army of advisors, technical designers, marketing focus groups BEFORE he wants to run with a product then that is all good business. Flopping it out to the public or key stakeholders and then talking in generalities at the 11nth hour when say they want to know how it works is another matter.

But hey. Obama can do whatever the frig he wants with the mess at this point. If he thinks he is on track with Bill Gates introducing a new product, then go for it. Your customers will let you know how it is working soon enough. If Barry's product is good and affordable then he is all set. If not, then not so much. But go for it. You want a public option. Fine. Work it out with your customers. Just watch for the NO SALE sign too.

Oh, and keep one other thing in mind when making analogies with people such as Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. They may have moved upstairs but no one, and I mean no one, doubts that they have hands on experience in computer design and technology from A-Z so it is within that framework and background that they make business decisions. And Barry's experience?

Last edited:
Actually, Steve Jobs (and most CEO's) come up with a business model and then the development and product team come up with the implementation.

BO has not come up with the business model yet. This is a crucial piece that is missing. How does all of this really get paid for?

Dan

DJS....THAT'S the question he needs to focus on. As far as experience, no one has experience for the presidency before the presidency.

Back