Question about stents

I don't see how this would affect anything but I have a question:

NC Female - 54 years of age. Smoker

Last year she had surgery to fix some varicose veins and received a stent in one of the veins. She's not taking any medication for them.

When I asked about high blood pressure she stated it's 130/85. Again no meds and I don't consider that high. She is taking xanex and has done so since her hubby died about 10 years ago. She's 5.6 ft tall and weighs 210.

I may have some issue with the surgery in the last year, but would the stent (even though it's in the leg and not the heart) be an issue?

I was considering American Amicable but the surgery knocks her into the ROP range.

I don't see how this would affect anything but I have a question:

NC Female - 54 years of age. Smoker

Last year she had surgery to fix some varicose veins and received a stent in one of the veins. She's not taking any medication for them.

When I asked about high blood pressure she stated it's 130/85. Again no meds and I don't consider that high. She is taking xanex and has done so since her hubby died about 10 years ago. She's 5.6 ft tall and weighs 210.

I may have some issue with the surgery in the last year, but would the stent (even though it's in the leg and not the heart) be an issue?

I was considering American Amicable but the surgery knocks her into the ROP range.

Why on earth would you consider amam for anyone?

That's gonna be ok with almost any company. It's a RTFA deal. If they ask about leg stents then it's a no go.

Why would you ask about blood pressure??

Americo eagle only asks out 1 year on stents.

Every carrier will ask about a heart or circulatory surgery. A stent, regardless of where it was inserted, is a circulatory surgery.

Your best option is to go with Assurity or Americo Eagle because they only ask about this stuff in the past 12 months. All other carriers are 24 months.

Every carrier will ask about a heart or circulatory surgery. A stent, regardless of where it was inserted, is a circulatory surgery.

Your best option is to go with Assurity or Americo Eagle because they only ask about this stuff in the past 12 months. All other carriers are 24 months.

That's what I thought and just wanted to confirm. I did RTFA and the reason I choose Am Am was because of all the carriers I have, they are the best for smoking rates. Americo Eagle is at $49.46 on a 10K. If I could get her immediate coverage it be $35.73 on the Am Am. Sadly the ROP is at $47.57.

If I were to do an ROP, I would write her with AIG or Gerber and be done with it.

I don't have Assurity so I can't comment on that rate. Nor for that matter am I appointed with Americo.

Last edited:

Not every carrier. I see right on the Trinity app that they ask about circulatory surgery specifically to the heart or brain.

And that's just picking one and looking at it.

I'm sure there's more. And the stent was "last year". When last year? If it was 18 months ago it opens up more options.

Not every carrier. I see right on the Trinity app that they ask about circulatory surgery specifically to the heart or brain.

And that's just picking one and looking at it.

I'm sure there's more. And the stent was "last year". When last year? If it was 18 months ago it opens up more options.

You are right. I should have said "nearly every carrier". I forgot about Trinity :)

Back