Telesales Question

What Telesales Method?

• Telephone only

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Screen Share

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You asked me if I was drunk and I replied no. But if we keep this shit up I may just start.

My original post was about one word. The word was Today.

You disagreed. JD and Daytimer also disagreed. They've got their opinions and I've got mine.

But out of the four of us, who are the Baby Boomers. You? JD?

All I said was that me and tons of Boomers like me simply won't go for a one call close. What is so bad about that?

I'm also telesales. Not just FE but everything. Medicare. WL, UL, Everything I sell.

And I never ever go for a one call close. My system is completely different. It works for me and that's all I need to know.

I'll admit that I took it personal with your previous post about me being a 70 yr old man and not caring about my family. If you meant that you were out of line.

Let's just shake hands and agree to disagree. You're not going to change my mind nor the way I sell insurance.

That's about all I'm going to say on this one. We can tee it up again later on something else.
Ahh! Now I understand why you are confused. You were NOT the OP. For future reference, the OP is the person who starts the thread. If you were paying attention and following the thread like the rest of us, you would have understood that the OP's subject was FE. Therefore, when you asked my how I would respond to a 70+ year old who says it's not important, I naturally assumed you were on the same page as everyone else. If a 70+ year old responds to an ad for FE, it doesn't take a genius to surmise that he called to inquire about FE. If you re-read my response to your question in this context, you will see that my intent was not to insult you or hurt your feelings. For the most part, I was role playing. In doing so, I respectfully suggested that we not waste each others time, since it was not something important to you at this moment.
If you still believe I should have known you were the only one who didn't know the topic was pertaining to FE, then I also agree to disagree. No harm, no foul.

Ahh! Now I understand why you are confused. You were NOT the OP. For future reference, the OP is the person who starts the thread. If you were paying attention and following the thread like the rest of us, you would have understood that the OP's subject was FE. Therefore, when you asked my how I would respond to a 70+ year old who says it's not important, I naturally assumed you were on the same page as everyone else. If a 70+ year old responds to an ad for FE, it doesn't take a genius to surmise that he called to inquire about FE. If you re-read my response to your question in this context, you will see that my intent was not to insult you or hurt your feelings. For the most part, I was role playing. In doing so, I respectfully suggested that we not waste each others time, since it was not something important to you at this moment.
If you still believe I should have known you were the only one who didn't know the topic was pertaining to FE, then I also agree to disagree. No harm, no foul.
The OP's subject may have been FE but since when does a thread stay on topic for more than 5 posts?

This is true, but he gave no warning shot that the subject changed
The OP was Rousemark. Goillini was #2 and I was #3. You didn't show up until post #13. I simply asked what was so important about the word Today. It was obviously important because you took the time to put it in bold and in caps.

And now it's because I didn't fire a warning shot. Since when does #3 have to notify #13 that the subject has changed? We were doing just fine when you jumped in.

At this point, you need to find out his "when".

I hear @jdeasy rolling his eyes all the way from Kentucky lol

Now, if I were a telesales agent, I'd follow up. The cost of doing so is far less than the possible reward if you get him at the right time. Put him on a drip campaign, email and/or text, put him into the call rotation every 30 or 60 days.

But if I'm selling FE in the field and I'm getting fresh leads weekly, if he isn't a buyer today, then I'll check in with him again next time he sends me a new card. I don't know when his "when" is. All I know is that if he is a genuine FE prospect and he doesn't buy today, he isn't buying for a while, because he just done did what he's been doing his whole life: Kicking the can down the road.

If I haven't even seen him, I'll keep on knocking his door until I do whenever I'm in his neck of the woods. But once I sat with him and he doesn't buy?

Whenever his when is is of little matter to me, 'cause I have a stack of leads and in that stack are folks with both a why and an immediate desire to solve for "y."

Back